Well, that didn't take long. I don't know if I fixed it or not, but I got it working. I figured I would take some pictures.
It stopped working a month ago and at the time, I pulled away the crown molding on one side and saw the rope go into the wall, or thought I did.
The first picture is a working light span going into the wall.
I pulled down the crown molding again and the rope light takes a sharp bend and goes above the ceiling (second picture). I pulled the rope light about 1/4" and the light came on. At this time I have not pulled it out farther to actually get to the connection, but for now it works.