Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Flexsteel

Who is Newmar using for its furniture now that flexsteel is no longer in the rv business ? I haven’t had a chance to look at any 21’s
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Who is Newmar using for its furniture now that flexsteel is no longer in the rv business ? I haven’t had a chance to look at any 21’s
The Flexsteel’s in my 2019 are peeling, at 8 months/6,000 miles. In discussing a warranty repair Newmar told me they use several vendors and are working to find more or for existing ones to ramp up production. I was told they are having trouble keeping up with their production schedule and that they won’t be able to address my warranty need until after the first of the new year. So I can’t actually answe your question save to suggest that there is no single answer.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I was in Nappanee last month and was told Villa is providing all of the new furniture. But they will still be using Newmar-spec'd coverings, so one can only hope that that lesson has been learned.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up

I know that Newmar has started using Williamsburg furniture in place of Flexsteel on many of their 2021 models. That's according to numerous product videos I have seen.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Flexsteel

Interesting , my 03 Beaver has all Villa and it still looks almost new , but I’m sure they can spec whatever. Maybe villa in the high end and Williamsburg in the lower ?
I’ve been looking again but every time I start thinking time to trade I keep finding reasons to not. Kind of discouraging.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:35 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Interesting , my 03 Beaver has all Villa and it still looks almost new , but I’m sure they can spec whatever. Maybe villa in the high end and Williamsburg in the lower ?
I’ve been looking again but every time I start thinking time to trade I keep finding reasons to not. Kind of discouraging.
I'd say the Williamsburg is the high-end because that is what they're putting in the $1M+ King Aire.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Sorry never heard of Williamsburg .. villa has been in the provost etc market for awhile , I just assumed. My bad
Old 10-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Sorry never heard of Williamsburg .. villa has been in the provost etc market for awhile , I just assumed. My bad
That is because Williamsburg is new to the RV industry but not the furniture industry. Only time will tell if they hold up.