Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #1

Flojet Water Pump Reliability?

I've seen a number of posts about failed water delivery in relatively new coaches.

It seems clear that the water pump controllers are either notoriously unreliable or perhaps their location makes them susceptible to being splashed with water causing them to short out.

(FYI, the controllers, intellitec 00-00145-100, are available on Amazon for about $30).

My question is "Have you found the Flojet Water Pumps are also failing"?

The pump in my rig is marked Flojet model 03526144, but the only pumps I can find for sale are an "A" model. Possibly indicating a running change in the factory to fix a flaw.

I've had water pumps last 15 years, so I'd like to know if it is worth buying a spare WP for $50.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Az......I think the controllers that Newmar installed were just cheap. They were an off brand that I never heard of. I replaced mine with an Intellitec and keep the off brand as a spare.

Can't help you with the water pump. On my last two coaches, I replaced the pump immediately with a Flojet VSP, now called "V-Flow. I like the constant flow pumps that don't cycle.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #3

Has anyone had their Flojet water pump fail? From the lack of responses, I'm guessing the answer is NO!

I did order the intellitec controller just in case.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I keep a spare controller and pump onboard. It would be an easy 10 minute swap out if I have it...just in case. The wonderful RV experience would almost be seamless for the DW. I hope it's like carrying an umbrella --- if you bring it you'll never need it; leave it at home, and you'll get rained on.

We do use a lot of City Water connections...but I've learned thru experience...the coaches pump is still an essential device. I use it a lot on the road to wash my hands, flush toilets during rest stops...preparing lunch, etc... We also had an experience where a parks water supply completely blocked our water filter. We turned on the 12v pump and had showers and everything...changed out the house filter when we got home. Long story short...I won't go anywhere without a pump, and enough fresh water to take a couple of showers. We also carry a spare house filter now.

I have been giving consideration to adding an external pre-filter housing...to make sure the park water doesn't clog our whole house filter...just a cheap paper element type filter that we can replace on the cheap.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #5

I wanted to respond the other day and just forgot to. I have been thinking just recently about what other spare parts others carry??. Besides belt, fuel, oil, filters
I believe the controller and pump would be a good thing to have. Any concern if the spare pump sits around for a year or two???
Kevin
2016 Dutch Star 4018
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #6

I've had a couple fail over the years, generally things that can be fixed like the back flow check valve. Unfortunately most of the time I've had to order the parts. I currently carry a spare, with an adapter hose And wire harness that let me use the pump to fill the pressurized water feed on my 5er from water jugs so besides being a spare it's a useful tool from time to time

Tags
water, water pump