RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2021, 02:19 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Floor Heat with Silverleaf

I have an issue that cropped up where my "front" floor heat is not working. I first noticed that the little squiggly lines on my silverleaf display never lit up red as being "on" like the other two zones (see photo), and of course the floor wasn't heating in the front zone either.
So I checked breakers and GFIs, all were on, nothing tripped. So I found the junction box labeled "living room" which is the front zone and started checking connections. I have 128v at the relay terminals (com to NO) which means all I need is for that relay to close to turn that zone on. The problem is I don't have 12v to "coil" section of the relay, no matter where I set the zone setting. I did a reset of the 12v system, but no change. I found the TM-229 module, unplugged, checked and replugged all those connections, no change.
Is there something else to check, or a way to check the Silverleaf system for this issue?
(not sure why this turns my photos sideways, apologies)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	315437   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	315438  

patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2021, 07:56 AM   #2

There is not much you can do except check wiring. There is a data port to connect a computer but you have to have the software to do anything.

I did have the opposite problem. I keep the coach in my garage and a couple of weeks ago I walked into it and it was 110° inside and the living room and bedroom floor he was on. The Silverleaf showed nothing on so I threw the breakers and then called Silverleaf.

They had me turn the breakers back on and as soon as I did you could hear the relays energize and both areas started heating up. They had me unplug the SL floor heat module, the TM 250 main module in the power bay and also unplug the display. They couldn’t explain it but it fixed it and I haven’t had a problem since.

Silverleaf is very helpful, I would give them a call on Monday. That is, unless you are like me and this happened on a weekend where I could not call Silverleaf. Then I would have torn half the coach apart trying to figure it out. LOL
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #3

I had same problem in my 16 MADP, called silver leaf, said they had problems with control board in basement. Sent me an upgraded board, fixed issue, give them a call. Good luck! NO CHARGE, I like that!
brynwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Called Silverleaf this morning, they had me check a few things and determined that my TM-250 module was causing the issue. I have a new one on order which should correct the issue and I should have plenty of floor heat by the time the weather warms up here!!

P.S. The guys at Silverleaf are the best to work with!!
Old 01-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgreenair View Post
Called Silverleaf this morning, they had me check a few things and determined that my TM-250 module was causing the issue. I have a new one on order which should correct the issue and I should have plenty of floor heat by the time the weather warms up here!!

P.S. The guys at Silverleaf are the best to work with!!
Pat,
While you were talking to the Silverleaf folks, did they mention the flyback diode on the charge bridge solenoid. It affects the White Rogers solenoids and from what I read can play havoc on Silverleaf modules.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Pat,
While you were talking to the Silverleaf folks, did they mention the flyback diode on the charge bridge solenoid. It affects the White Rogers solenoids and from what I read can play havoc on Silverleaf modules.
They did not mention that on this call, but have before. I couldn't find any numbers on my solenoid to tell if it was a White Rogers or not. Any help on that would be appreciated!
Old 01-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
(not sure why this turns my photos sideways, apologies)
I cannot help with the Silverleaf, but with your last comment I may. From the forum gurus:

Forum and Classified software will display photos in the original orientation in which they were taken. If a photo was taken in landscape (sideways) mode, it will display sideways in a post or ad, even if you have it stored in portrait (upright) mode on your device. Use a photo editing or snipping tool to save a copy of the photo in portrait (upright) orientation and upload that copy (not the original) in your post/ad.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:40 PM   #8
Rd1

Quote:
They did not mention that on this call, but have before. I couldn't find any numbers on my solenoid to tell if it was a White Rogers or not. Any help on that would be appreciated!

You may have the Amatek. If you do, here are the pictures. should be a white label somewhere with part#140045
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Solenoid (1).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	315743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solenoid (2).jpg
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	315744  

Old 01-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A photo of the White Rodgers solenoid (and label) can be found at below link.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/dead-silverleaf-modules-the-charge-bridge-solenoid-diode-494476-post5459169.html
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I talked with Silverleaf and sent them a photo of my solenoid (see photos, sorry if they're sideways), and promptly heard back from them that mine is a "Blue Sea, 250-Amp model" and does not require a diode! Nice, finally get a break!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	315817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	315818  

Tags