Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #1

Floor Plans for older rigs.

I am trying to find floorplans for the Newmar product line that may have a TV in a cabinet in the lounge and a stand alone table and chairs. I have had a motorhome with the TV in the overhead and was not happy with it. I also don't want a TV that's in the galley in a cabinet behind the dinette.

Does anyone have a model number for what I am looking for in a 2003 - 2005 model year?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #2

It would help to know what model you're looking for - Kountry Star, Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, Essex? Most of those model year Newmars had the TV mounted in the front overhead cabinets and a few people had Newmar custom build a cabinet / TV in a different location. Thoses will be hard to find on the used market.

All those TVs were analog so they need to be replaced with a HDTV or have converter boxes added. I suggest you find a model and floor plan that you like and then modify the TV location. Several owners have added a mid-coach HDTV of their choice and some have posted pictures on iRV2.

Good luck.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi randco,
I remember the 05 or 06 Essex had a floor plan with a large flat screen TV on the curb side behind the co-pilot seat. When needed is raised up out of a piece of furniture. When not needed it was out of sight. The eating area had several configurations.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #4

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #5

The Essex was the only Newmar model that I know of which had a tv on a lift in a cabinet, along with the optional fireplace.

We wanted the same thing, so we rough sketched a cabinet design and had Newmar build it in place of the large couch when they built our RV. Being first timers we had Newmar build it, but next time we'll probably wait and have one of the local Nappanee cabinet makers build it for us so we can be more involved in the process. Running the wiring needed, if it's in a slide, could be challenging. We originally wanted the TV on the passenger side, but the raised slide would have limited the size of the TV smaller than we wanted. We ended up with the cabinet on the driver's side, which allowed for a larger cabinet and holds a 52" HDTV on a lift and also provides lots of storage space in front of the TV. Most people don't want a TV quite so big, so the side with the raised slide is probably adequate. Even though we're currently having issues with our lift, I still recommend the Nexus21 lift, which has 24/7 support and a five year warranty. Their website is:

TV Lift - Nexus 21

Photos of our cabinet and TV:

Flying, Diving, Cruising, and RVing! » Interior Shots

Sue
Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #6

My handy work in 2007 (MADP 4528). I had professional help, but the design/engineering/wiring was completely me. It took 5 days of solid work to complete it.

I tore out both couches to accomplish this. I replaced the drivers side coach with electric theater chairs.

As for factory Newmar setups. The only one I am familiar with is the Dutchstar full wall slide. I toured the first year of the that floor plan (2006 I think?). They had a rear bath without the middle 1/2 bath. It allowed for a larger middle Tv cabinet (46in LCD), but you had no access to the rear of the coach with the slides in. They since have added the 1/2 bath, but cut the Tv area down.
CorporateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi CorporateMonkey,
Excellent job, very well done.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote