Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #1

Floors slant

We own a 2019 Canyon star and the bathroom floor slants between a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the bathroom. That's a significant slant seeing that it's only over about 3 ft. With that being said our shower door track is also slanted making all the water sit on one side of the track. I have a feeling we're going to see other problems arise out of this.
Newmar said that is within their tolerance. I have asked to see this in writing. We have had almost 200 repairs done to our RV and I'm wondering if some of them could be due to unlevel flooring. We were told by others the building starts from the floor up and if things aren't square/level then nothing else will go in correctly. Do others have slanted floors?
Archerwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've had two Dutch Stars, both ordered new and never had slanted floors.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:04 PM   #3

200 repairs??? How many of those were loose screws? Maybe you could list the first 150 repairs. I'm sure other owners would be interested.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
That is not right. Newmar is blowing you off
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:50 PM   #5

what do you mean "slanted" Meaning unlevel? How are you leveling the rig?
Or the main floor is level but that one floor is not level?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm curious how you went about measuring that. Could you explain the technique you used.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:16 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
If only your bathroom floor has a slope, you have a structural integrity issue
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:43 PM   #8

Common is for the front of the coach to be level and for the back to not be. Therefore the chassis is twisted. Slides should not be moved under those conditions. Use the leveling system to get front AND back level and back to square. I highly doubt the back has any other condition.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:26 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Archerwomen, not sure which CS you have. Recommend you update your signature so others with the same model can address their experiences with same model rig.

We had a 3719, single bath (Mid cabin). I had to adjust the level on the coach frequently once the Auto level had declared victory. Not by much, and not every time. On one and done stops, we usually stayed off the jacks. Once in a longer term spot, I'd work it a bit because I am OCD (DW didn't even notice). On our MC lot, I figured out best placement to get coach how I liked it.

Your chassis is constantly flexing as you move. How you are loaded and where you camp will impact. It is the nature of the RV experience.

In two years of owning our CS, almost all the issues I had (save one for a Leveling system recall) were self inflicted. Every trip was a learning experience, and usually resulted in me figuring out why the coach wouldn't do what I wanted or expected it to do. Newmar was actually a tremendous resource for me.

We didn't shift manufactures due to issues with Newmar, we (DW) found a coach we really liked. I am hopeful it will be equally rewarding as our CS.

Best of luck getting yours fully sorted.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:03 PM   #10

Just for starters we replaced 11 windows, both front seats, 2 motors in the slide outs, replaced dinning room slideout roof, inverter, replaced rotten wood on driver floor, transfer switch, ac cover, replaced dura Sheild 3 times, massive paint repairs due to cracking, peeling etc, entry door worked on 3 times, hood worked on 3 times, slideouts adjusted several times, replaced roller and rewire super slide, replaced awning twice, holes/cracks in shower, leaking wand and shower door, drawers and shelves repaired. Huge Infested with powderpost beetles, rust, dip and cracks on the roof, jacks worked on twice, all the water sensors worked on 4 times, front bed switch replaced, 4 storage bins leaking and 2 of them have been worked on twice besides replacing rusted carpet, headlights, running and parking lights all replaced. Skylight replaced twice, LPG sensor worked on twice, all batteries replaced, most of the floors replaced, stove top replaced twice, counter tops sanded down twice, repaired some interior framing, electric panel replaced, turn signal screen repaired, exterior trim separating repairs, screen door slider replaced 3 times, bed ladder replaced, front ac repaired, repaired rail ends, these are some items that I can think of off the top of my head. I have been going to make a spread sheet but it makes me sick in my stomach every time I start cry every time I start.
We have asked for our money back and was denied and then a month later getting it out of the shop again with another long repair list. No place could ever get them all done because the lists are excessive. We ask for a replacement and they sent a driver to pick it up to take it back to the factory to make more repairs, it's going on 6 weeks. 2019 Canyon star
Old 04-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #11

We have a 4 ft level, when you get to the bathroom the level see saws. The floor slants downward to the exterior wall., Also our shower track slants the same way and we have been having trouble with it leaking. The shower track should be level so the water flows out of the holes back into the shower and water stands on one side.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #12
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Was this coach purchased new? Possibly in Florida? If so, is it possible that it is a hurricane/flooding victim? The number and type of problems you have encountered are unusual, in my experience...unless, the coach had been exposed to excessive moisture.

I believe Florida has a “Lemon Law” and with the number of issues you have experienced, I would be inclined to contact the Florida Attorney General and get that process started.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:51 PM   #13

Since all of those parts are from different vendors, the only thing in common is the owner.
Very unlucky.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Are you the first owner?

Tags
floor