Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #1

Florida Mobile Service

Today I had an appointment with Newmar's Mobile Service in Florida. I needed to write a thread on how impressed I am with the Technician, Mark. What a very nice person and so informative and helpful. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to address an issue with the water miser but I knew that would be too complicate to repair on the road. Regardless, I can't be more pleased with the service. Making the appt. with Nappanee was quite easy and they did a great job keeping us informed.
Agilitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2022, 03:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
thats great to hear!! what part of Florida are yall in??
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:55 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I think Mark is based in Orlando. He came all the way to Fort Lauderdale (3.5 hour drive) for warranty on our Kountry Star. Great guy and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, Newmar sent him down without any prep (even though I provided emails, pictures and word docs describing all the problems). He did not have any parts so out of 6 items all he could do was adjust a sticking door. A complete waste of his day. If I ever used him again I would talk to him directly in advance to make sure it is a productive trip.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVStitchy View Post
I think Mark is based in Orlando. He came all the way to Fort Lauderdale (3.5 hour drive) for warranty on our Kountry Star. Great guy and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, Newmar sent him down without any prep (even though I provided emails, pictures and word docs describing all the problems). He did not have any parts so out of 6 items all he could do was adjust a sticking door. A complete waste of his day. If I ever used him again I would talk to him directly in advance to make sure it is a productive trip.
My 2 cents.
Naples Fl area, RV issues.
I recommend Mark, owner of "On the Mark RV mobile service".
Mobile 352-807-0093
Business 386-299-6372
He responded quickly when others couldn't.
Turned out to not only be a nice guy, but an honest business man.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone have the contact info for the Newmar tech in Orlando?
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:09 PM   #6

Sorry, but nice doesn't get the job done. This is a failure on the part of Newmar. They have always been nice and helpful or at least try to be but it's another leap to actually perform. I guess I could spend $6000 in fuel and three weeks of time running to the factory-not! As the boat company that delivered my custom houseboat from Kentucky to Lake Powell joked, once it's delivered-you own it. Never had any luck on getting one thing covered under warranty after I bought that beast. I have come to expect this unfortunately because I keep buying things like this. Newmar never offered me mobile service in S. California and they admit the dealers down here will not work on rigs they do not sell. Best advise they had was to drive to Vegas or Phoenix. Not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice to know that up front and maybe I would have changed where I purchased my coach.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:09 PM   #7

You just call Newmar service in Nappanee and schedule. Used Mark a couple of times on our 2017 Ventana and was very happy with the service provided.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:40 AM   #8

I recently needed mobile service and was aware of the Newmar mobile technician in central Florida. I was going to repair the problem myself, but the DW didn’t want our vacation interrupted. I called customer service and was told the technician was booked 5 weeks out. That was not going to work so I tried another mobile rv service company that I have seen many times in Fort Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World. That company never returned my phone call. Dealers in the area booked way out as well. There’s definitely a serious problem in the industry with service, and despite some very limited efforts being made in this area, the industry has mountains to climb before this problem is solved.

Luckily, I’m not technically or mechanically challenged so I dug into the problem and got it fixed. In over 50 years of RVING I have learned that there is very few places that can actually fix a problem quickly and correctly. I would never see my coach if I had to count on dealers to repair it.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:30 AM   #9

You got that right Thunderridge. These rigs are like $500+K fixer uppers during most of their lives.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:25 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
As a boat owner who has experienced the out of sight out of mind service attitude I’m surprised you got suckered into a dealer who won’t or couldn’t service your Newmar coach. Service is my number 1 deciding factor is both of our Newmar coaches. All too often folks think the price is the deciding factor but unfortunately it takes a ton of profit to run a top notch maintenance facility. Live and learn. Happy RVing
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:30 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
There is only so much NewServ can accomplish on the road. NewServ/Mark came to us on the Gulf Coast of Florida well prepared to fix the 3 issues we had. Key to any of this is talking with Libby at Newmar to make sure she understands what needs repair along with detailed pictures if applicable. Then Mark can advise if it’s repairable in the field. Very impressed with Mark’s knowledge and skills.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
As a boat owner who has experienced the out of sight out of mind service attitude I’m surprised you got suckered into a dealer who won’t or couldn’t service your Newmar coach. Service is my number 1 deciding factor is both of our Newmar coaches. All too often folks think the price is the deciding factor but unfortunately it takes a ton of profit to run a top notch maintenance facility. Live and learn. Happy RVing
You are correct. Now I know for next time and will consider this part of the purchase equation. I think I could have gotten the same coach at a similar deal at most dealers-it was nothing special for the time. I do have issue with your term "suckered"-I don't think I was and the dealer was highly recommended by some friends who purchased multiple coaches from this dealer. How is one to know that necessarily? I dealt with a very good and reputable dealer who did perform warranty service when I was in their area. Problem is, they are in the midwest and I live in California. I was not aware when I purchased the coach that Newmar would be difficult to acquire good warranty service anywhere one might live in the country. I think trying to put this on the purchaser is short sighted and attempts to abdicate Newmar from developing true nationwide warranty service for the products they sell.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:08 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXHAULER View Post
You are correct. Now I know for next time and will consider this part of the purchase equation. I think I could have gotten the same coach at a similar deal at most dealers-it was nothing special for the time. I do have issue with your term "suckered"-I don't think I was and the dealer was highly recommended by some friends who purchased multiple coaches from this dealer. How is one to know that necessarily? I dealt with a very good and reputable dealer who did perform warranty service when I was in their area. Problem is, they are in the midwest and I live in California. I was not aware when I purchased the coach that Newmar would be difficult to acquire good warranty service anywhere one might live in the country. I think trying to put this on the purchaser is short sighted and attempts to abdicate Newmar from developing true nationwide warranty service for the products they sell.

If these were a Ford or Chevy I would agree 100%. Newmar has never said they will provide service in every corner of the US. You choose your selling dealer and if it’s too far away then I would talk to Newmar and let them recommend a service location closer….OR what most owners of Newmar coaches do is plan their travels to include the preventative maintenance needs and schedule in advance…..hope it works for you….

Tags
florida, service