Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Pls define when, where, and what you think of when you say "Resort".
The word "Resort" seems to be the most abused word in the RV dictionary.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Myakka River Motorcoach Resort
https://www.myakkamotorcoachresort.com/
Beautiful Resort we have stayed at in the past, a little pricy but owners/staff are really friendly. Last stay was April 2018 and really enjoyed the friendly people there which were mostly lot owners.
Quiet!!!
Don't tell too many people about this place [emoji41]
It is our #1 favorite.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #73

North Beach

North Beach is north of St. Augustine. For me and my family, this was the most enjoyable. You may have other needs.
The ocean and the Intercoastal waterway are at each end of the resort and are within walking distance or you can rent a golf cart if you don't have your own. Very remote / private feeling in each site. Natural.
glennj3cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd727 View Post
Second vote for Great Outdoors in Titusville. Good location to explore up and down the east coast.

Third vote for Fort Wilderness.
Another vote for The Great Outdoors. 2800 acre nature preserve.
Church, two restaurants, golf course, post office, RV sales
and Service, and more ammenaties than space here to write.
Love it here.
ncbeachbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #75

FL Panhandle

Big Lagoon and St. Georges Island Parks between Pensacola and Panama City in May are WONDERFUL parks.
capnkirk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #76

3rd vote for the great outdoors rv and golf resort in Titusville. We were just there last month for to weeks.

I made a great video of the entire place lots of drone shots as well. Here is link

https://youtu.be/U6OXnGEYN40
Fiveinches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
It's a matter of taste

Campgroundreviews.com is the new name for rvparkreviews. I would highly recommend them as a great way to get information from real campers. You can almost get a sense by reading reviews if the writer is "like you".
Thanks for asking the question! I wrote down some new park names shared by other posters that we were not aware of...and will check them out.
We book our "Resort" bookings, and special smaller locations 6 months in advance, sometimes more to get into places that we always have wanted to go to...we are planners however and some folks are not.
Check out Williston Crossings near Ocala, we are in the "Reserve" section, and just love it. Possibly one of the most outgoing, fun group of folks we have ever encountered. Resort places like Motorcoach Resort in Port St. Lucie are fun...but VERY expensive. Smaller places like Ho-Hum are not true resorts, but are cheaper and offer their own charm.
We had high hopes for the Aztec resort in South Florida, but were really put off by some of the Quebec Canadian "residents" complaining about us flying an American flag! So, as I said...you'll find your own list of awesome/yuck places. There's the fun of RV'ing right there...go out and play around.
Good Luck...hope to see you down the road!
Old 01-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post
Taking our first trip to Florida in our motorhome. Any suggestions on some nice RV resorts with some room between sites. Plan to stay 2-3 weeks once we're down there. Don't want want to go to the keys, too far a drive.
Check out Crystal Lake RV resort in Naples. not cheap very nice.
Sparkyparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #79

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyparts View Post
Check out Crystal Lake RV resort in Naples. not cheap very nice.
North Beach rv resort. I agree with fellow poster. Quiet and private. Cleab rest rooms. Coffee on all the time. Minutes away from all attractions in town. Great flee marjet and mall a few miles away.Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00206.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	232799
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #80

Camp Gulf in East Destin, FL. But warning , their Gulf front sites are $$$$. You can get off the water for reasonable. Nice place. Lots of activities. They get real squirrelly about your golf cart at night. (Car to ride in is ok. Golf cart not). Two pools. One is covered in winter.
Wife and I are spoiled. We've been going there since 1990 when it was called Holiday RV Campground and water front was $25 a night. The $100-200+ depending on season is too rich for us.
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
There have been a lot of great suggestions encompassing all parts of the state, but one caviot.

If coming for warm weather, like most of us, we recommend using the I-4 corridor as a guide when choosing. We suggest staying south/east of I-4. Anything to the north and west is likely to be significantly colder, as much as ten to fifteen degrees when comparing morning lows.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
There have been a lot of great suggestions encompassing all parts of the state, but one caviot.

If coming for warm weather, like most of us, we recommend using the I-4 corridor as a guide when choosing. We suggest staying south/east of I-4. Anything to the north and west is likely to be significantly colder, as much as ten to fifteen degrees when comparing morning lows.
A good friend of mine who has lived in Orlando for 30 years told me basically the same thing.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #83

Following
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
A good friend of mine who has lived in Orlando for 30 years told me basically the same thing.
jt
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #84

Just an indication of how busy these parks are staying booked during "season", we just got word that if we want to have a site for next winter we need to pay our deposit by April 1st, or when we leave for the season. In addition, reservations start with 5 month folks, then 4 month requests, and if any sites are left 3 month requests will be given a site.

We have been wintering here for 2 years now and really like the place, but who knows some day it may be time to winter some place besides SW Florida.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida