Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2017, 07:10 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleDs95
Flushing Oasis to correct fluid

Has anyone had their Oasis flushed? I finally had it flushed in my 2014 MADP after talking to the Oasis folks at the Newmar International Rally.

We had purchased the MA new and from day 1 we noticed the overflow tank was a nasty scummy brown color. If you wanted to check the level you couldn't even see. A flashlight shining from the other side would just make it through the plastic. It was supposed to be the bright yellow Century fluid. So our dealer cleaned out the overflow and refilled with just the Century so we could see what would happen. We took off and within 48 hours of the fluid circulating it was back to being a dark color.

Once we got to Kansas City we had it flushed there and they were quite surprised. They showed me the containers of fluid that had been flushed out. It was the red Glycol that is used in the engine.

I talked to Newmar and they say there is no way they could have put the incorrect fluid in the Oasis but they are the only ones that ever touched it.

Nice side affect is that the problems I was having with my Oasis all disappeared. Things like the system simply hanging and having to be physically reset. It had been serviced due to a flame out occurring but then the system hang started. After the flush it has worked beautifully.
DoubleDs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #2

Glad all is now working properly! Funny how OEMs or repair folks believe it when they say "there is no way we did that". Once took my wife's car to the dealer for a recall issue concerning the engine. Had the repair completed then after a couple of months, opened the hood to change the engine oil and saw the plastic and mostly decorative plastic engine cover was missing. I called the service manager with whom I was acquainted to the extent he knew who I was and told him it was missing. He politely told me the same - there is no way we did not re-install the plastic cover. He politely all but told me I had lost my mind and I told him only they had worked on it as I did all maintenance work. After emphasizing, I was lying to him, he finally said ok, I will do some checking. He called me back in a couple of hours apologizing informing me someone found the cover after we had picked up our vehicle and placed it into a storage closet waiting for the owner to call and claim it as they did not know to which customer it belonged... Lesson learned...
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDs95 View Post
Has anyone had their Oasis flushed? I finally had it flushed in my 2014 MADP after talking to the Oasis folks at the Newmar International Rally.

We had purchased the MA new and from day 1 we noticed the overflow tank was a nasty scummy brown color. If you wanted to check the level you couldn't even see. A flashlight shining from the other side would just make it through the plastic. It was supposed to be the bright yellow Century fluid. So our dealer cleaned out the overflow and refilled with just the Century so we could see what would happen. We took off and within 48 hours of the fluid circulating it was back to being a dark color.

Once we got to Kansas City we had it flushed there and they were quite surprised. They showed me the containers of fluid that had been flushed out. It was the red Glycol that is used in the engine.

I talked to Newmar and they say there is no way they could have put the incorrect fluid in the Oasis but they are the only ones that ever touched it.

Nice side affect is that the problems I was having with my Oasis all disappeared. Things like the system simply hanging and having to be physically reset. It had been serviced due to a flame out occurring but then the system hang started. After the flush it has worked beautifully.
Is there a "recommended Flush Routine"?

Hate to say it but IMHO I think most, if not all probably need this to be done every 5-7 years, even when the proper fluid is installed.

Something to "Clean" then something to "Neutralize" before adding the fresh fluid?

??????????????

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDs95 View Post
Newmar uses 3 different coolants for the Oasis system. Camco, which is pink in color (NOT to be confused with RV Winter antifreeze), Rhogard which is blue/clear or Century which is yellow. You cannot mix the coolant fluids! Most likely someone topped your unit off with Camco which will make a reddish brown mess! I doubt your Oasis was serviced with Final Charge engine coolant but more likely was accidentally (and I use the term loosely) with Camco...

Tags
fluid