Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Flushing tanks with Sanicon

What is the procedure for flushing your tanks using sanicon?
Do you fill tanks up? a little? and then flush with using sanicon?
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My procedure is pretty simple. I like to dump the holding tanks with them above the 1/2 full AND immediately after having driven to the next campground. We all have macerator toilets now, so all Black tank contents are somewhat “broken up.” Then after driving for a day, again the contents are agitated. Then the contents are run through the Sanicon which again breaks things apart. So my thinking is to simply dump the tanks after driving and when they are +1/2 full and then don’t worry about it.

So, what do I do when I get home. Dump, fill to +50% then dump again, then add 20% and add Ridx or some other biological additive (not a deodorizer) for longer term storage.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Why Ridx?
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #4

What I do is empty the tank, close the valve, use the tank rinse to put in 5 gallons of water, then empty again. Repeat that procedure again for each tank.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I open the black tank and turn on the Sanicon. While the black tank is emptying, I put a big squirt of antibacterial grease fighting dish soap in the tank rinser hose, and hook it to the provided faucet. Once the black tank is mt, I open the gray valve while the black valve is still open and the sanicon is still running. The gry water backflows into the BT, I count to 10 and close the gray valve, allowing the sanicon to mt the black tank of the gray water. Once mt, I open the gray again, count to 10, close the gray, flushing the black tank a second time. When I close the gray valve after the the third flush, I also turn on the black tank rinser and let it blow. When the sanicon finally empties the black tank, I close the black valve and open the gray valve. I count a minute and shut off the black tank rinser, it has primed my black tank with water. When the gray goes mt, I shut off the sanicon and close the gray valve. Done.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Why Ridx?
The point is to use a product that helps to breakdown any solids in the tank. In the bottom of the tank is the level sensor which is prone to clog and will effect the level readings. Ridx is such a product. I actually use a different prod a friend recommended. It’s called Tank Techs. It’s a biological agent that will breakdown stuff Thur the growth of microbes 🦠

Hope this helps!

Tags
tank