Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #57
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
We've tried dryer sheets, Irish spring, peppermint oil, steel wool, sonic plug in thingy. All didn't work. I even had a chipmunk jump out of a tree and enter through the AC unit. Caught the bugger staring at me through the roof vent! Had a big nest under the bed where they chewed up the blankets stored under there. Now use poison traps next to all plumbing and electrical areas. Only had one mouse die in the coach (stinky) but no more nests.

A NEST? How long does it take for a nest? Gheesh one night in a Colorado State Park and I've been invaded. My freak out is ramping up.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:22 PM   #58
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Latest update from Rene. Apparently she’s decided to adopt it and she’s at the vet getting it vaccinated and teeth cleaned. She’s asking for suggestions for a name.

Hahah. Aren't you going to be in Lake Toxaway in October? I'll bring "Chewy" (thanks Charlie) with a blue bow so Sam has a 4 legged friend. Don't thank me. That's what friends are for. 🤣
Old 08-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
I found my first mouse in my coach a few days ago. The coach had been in storage for a few weeks and I found it on the floor by the refrigerator. It was pretty dehydrated.

I didn't post anything because mice happen. But now I am feeling left out.

#feelingNeglected
A long time ago (many more years that I care to admit) I had a Class C Coachman 23'. Kept it next to the garage here in the NE. When out one spring day to exercise the generator. Started it ...get ready for this
blood came poring out of the flywheel.
My New Aire and 5 motorcycles now sit inside a bigger garage....I wouldn't be without my killer mouse traps and a jar of peanut butter.
It took me 20 years to hone this routine...tried peppermint. electric gizmo's,
coumadin blocks from Agway...you name it I tried it.
Kill those varmints or eventually it will cost u tons of money
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:11 PM   #60
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARD View Post
Hahah. Aren't you going to be in Lake Toxaway in October? I'll bring "Chewy" (thanks Charlie) with a blue bow so Sam has a 4 legged friend. Don't thank me. That's what friends are for. 🤣
Does "Chewy" like Pop Tarts? Do they make peanut butter Pop Tarts, Neal? Sounds like "Chewy" is headed for a fun adventure in October.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:16 AM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/6031...b755:603183956

Chewy might need a snuggle pouch...that way he can ride in your handbag, to go on visits. Mmmm p’nut butter pop tarts???
Old 08-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #62
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Oh no! Entry points, where the sewer hose goes through the wet bay floor if cap not in place, the small drain hole in the wet bay to the left of the sewer hole, some have a rubber plug in them, mine did not, areas where the cables exit when the bay doors are shut, look at the slide seals make sure no obvious gaps. Also did you leave any bay doors open for anytime?
Some people use mothballs around the bays, peppermint oil sprayed on cotton balls. I ordered pure peppermint oil on Amazon
I’m not going to lie, This would have been a tuff one for me
This will be a great chapter for the book[emoji6]Stuart

Hah Stuart, it’s going to turn the book into a horror story. Every time I open a the kitchen cabinet, I see the photo Neal posted. And what kind of mouse eats through the top of the trap instead of going in. Sigh. Have amped up to snap traps now.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Freaking out....a MOUSE!

It’s amazing how they get into pillow cases. Chewey just wants to snuggle.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:00 PM   #64
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
If you decide to try the Fresh Cab, you might find it at Murdoch’s Ranch and Home. I think there is one near you in Longmont. We got ours at the Murdoch’s in Missoula. It was $12.99 for a box of 4. I purchased two boxes over a month ago and did nothing with them. Going out RIGHT NOW to distribute them In the bins.........

Lynn

Thanks Lynn! I was able to find the Fresh Cab at Murdoch’s like you recommended. [emoji2]
Old 08-30-2018, 05:04 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hahah. Aren't you going to be in Lake Toxaway in October? I'll bring "Chewy" (thanks Charlie) with a blue bow so Sam has a 4 legged friend. Don't thank me. That's what friends are for. [emoji1787]

I have a new grill. I may need a small rotisserie attachment. Checking Amazon. Can you have a luau with a miniature pig with big ears?
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #66

Quote:
I have a new grill. I may need a small rotisserie attachment. Checking Amazon. Can you have a luau with a miniature pig with big ears?
You are having way too much fun...
Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #67

Quote:
A NEST? How long does it take for a nest? Gheesh one night in a Colorado State Park and I've been invaded. My freak out is ramping up.
I don't know if you read my posts about my recent mice problem.

I just had my second one but this was easier. I am boondocking and save my used shower water in the tub to use to flush the toilet. The second mouse got into the tub of water and could not climb out. I heard it while I was trying to get to sleep. I was able to hit it with a stick and throw it out the TT. This may help you.

Here is what I did so far.
- Used insulating foam to seal all gaps in the floor - take out draws
- Glue traps
- Trap with killer bait
- Killer bait spread to areas I can't see
- Peppermint - I think this may work to keep them out but once the mice is in; it doesn't do anything.

Those that haven't had the problem don't get the fear that you get at night. With every sound you fear - is that a mouse? Where is it? Will it climb on the bed and bite me while I'm sleeping? That scratching sound is the worst!
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
It’s amazing how they get into pillow cases. Chewey just wants to snuggle.
LOL - that's just cruel!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:28 PM   #69

I would just like to apologize for LOL at the "girly scream" bit.
Allentc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #70
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am sorry and happy to say Chewy didn’t make it. At 2 am I heard a snap. It is a confirmed kill as I saw a tail sticking out of the black box. I may have nightmares from this incident...