Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2022, 06:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRudowski View Post
I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Class A that I am having some serious electrical issues and hoping someone has experienced the same issues. Various electrical systems cut out intermittently in the dash, such as radio, cameras, air brake buzzer comes on, entry steps and slides won't work to name a few. I have been in contact with the manufacturer REV have every electrical wiring diagram for the coach checked every connection, terminal, grounds etc to no avail. I contacted Freightliner to inquire about the RV Multiplexer which is designed to control all electrical signals in the dash area. Wanted to get an idea what issues could occur if the multiplexer is failing They were clueless as well. Has anyone experienced this type of issue before I was wondering if a reflash or replacement would solve the issue. What is the purpose of the RV Multiplexer> Any thoughts?
I have had "Shift Inhibit" messages on Opti View dash display. Had to have rig towed to Freightliner. They changed the Multiplexer which got the brake lights working and also no more shift inhibit. The shift inhibit can be due to high RPM's or no brake lights.

Last week after 8 months it appears the Multiplexer failed again. Again had the RV towed to Freightliner. Waiting for a replacement part. These things cost $1750 and it appears that the only way not to be stuck while Boondoicking is to carry a spare module...

Scotty (Star Trek) said: The more they overthink the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drains! A simple switch on the brake pedal itself (not pressure switch) should activate the brake lights without the intervention of computerized modules as was the case since the Model T!
mgoldstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRudowski View Post
I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Class A that I am having some serious electrical issues and hoping someone has experienced the same issues. Various electrical systems cut out intermittently in the dash, such as radio, cameras, air brake buzzer comes on, entry steps and slides won't work to name a few. I have been in contact with the manufacturer REV have every electrical wiring diagram for the coach checked every connection, terminal, grounds etc to no avail. I contacted Freightliner to inquire about the RV Multiplexer which is designed to control all electrical signals in the dash area. Wanted to get an idea what issues could occur if the multiplexer is failing They were clueless as well. Has anyone experienced this type of issue before I was wondering if a reflash or replacement would solve the issue. What is the purpose of the RV Multiplexer> Any thoughts?
I have a 2021 Sportscoach 339DS Diesel Pusher on a Freightliner XCS chassis. RV is at the shop awaiting another new Multiplexer Unit. (lasted ~2000 miles) Symptom of failure was that the rear tail lighting didn't function and in particular the Brake Lights, because of the brake lights not working the transmission could not be put in gear with the Shift Inhibit indicator illuminated. Had the FL917 PDM bypass kit installed and a new PDU but the shift inhibit persists. When this happened the first time 8 months ago the coach began working only when the Multiplexer located in the basement storage compartment under the driver's seat was replaced. I expect the same this time around. If so I intend to carry a spare programmed Multiplexer so that I can do a field swap instead of needing to get the vehicle towed for service! Cost ~$1750.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoldstone View Post
I have a 2021 Sportscoach 339DS Diesel Pusher on a Freightliner XCS chassis. RV is at the shop awaiting another new Multiplexer Unit. (lasted ~2000 miles) Symptom of failure was that the rear tail lighting didn't function and in particular the Brake Lights, because of the brake lights not working the transmission could not be put in gear with the Shift Inhibit indicator illuminated. Had the FL917 PDM bypass kit installed and a new PDU but the shift inhibit persists. When this happened the first time 8 months ago the coach began working only when the Multiplexer located in the basement storage compartment under the driver's seat was replaced. I expect the same this time around. If so I intend to carry a spare programmed Multiplexer so that I can do a field swap instead of needing to get the vehicle towed for service! Cost ~$1750.
Rig is now working. The problem wasn't a second Multiplexer module! It was a bad connection in the bulkhead connector which had near identical symptoms to a bad multiplexer. (brake lights not working/shift inhibited) Technician cleaned the contacts and coated them with dielectric grease to prevent future water intrusion/corrosion.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:24 PM   #18

Like was said before, there's an ongoing recall on the BCM (body control module) on the rear of the coach which has demonstrated all the problems you describe. Freightliner just keeps adding additional ser numbers to the recall. They have now come out with a bypass fix that is supposed to fix the problems, but the BCM's recently manufactured, By EATON Company, may still have the same defects. That means current inventories on hand are still being installed in new units. Also, many times the defect doesn't show up until the BCM has been in normal operation for a period of time.
Take it to Freightliner for the current fix.

Tags
chassis, freightliner