Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

Freightliner repairs at Wakarusa Ind.

What all kind of work will the FL shop at Wakarusa do on coaches? I had a small job that needed done by FL warranty while at Nappanee and the shop attendant said all I needed was a work order from Newmar. But Newmar said they never use or write work orders there, they send all their chassis work to South Bend or Elkhart.

The FL shop there is fairly small so was wondering just what kind of work they would do, and do they need prior authorization from Newmar, especially if they might come to Nappanee while Newmar warranty work was being done?

Still trying to decide on a FL shop to do the work.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess I'm not understanding something. If you're in Wakarusa you're only 15 or 20 miles from the FL shop in Elkhart or South Bend. If Newmar already has a relationship set up, why don't you just go there?

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I guess I'm not understanding something. If you're in Wakarusa you're only 15 or 20 miles from the FL shop in Elkhart or South Bend. If Newmar already has a relationship set up, why don't you just go there?

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
It's a little complicated. Newmar couldn't give us an exact date they would finish with us, and assuming they hit their best estimate that would only leave us 5 days to get on to Colorado for our Sept reservations. And the way it ended up we had to stay-over the whole week-end for Newmar to finish, which then only left us 3 days for travel to Colorado. Newmar originally said they could set up a tenative appointment (which turned out would have been impossible to meet) at Elkhart but our tech said he preferred South Bend. So one day I drove the toad to South Bend and realized due to all the one way streets, street construction, and heavy traffic to get to the FL shop I decided it would be a very nerve racking experience to get our 40' there, even if it would have been possible to set up an appointment.

I had originally heard Wakarusa FL would come right to your camp spot at Newmar and do the work after Newmar returned your coach in the afternoon, but guess that wasn't way it worked.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

The Wakarusa facility is used and contracted to only do the Front Axle change out for Newmar. The balance of their work is for smaller Non Coach FL work (mostly larger delivery type trucks).
Everything else mostly goes to Elkhart.

Wakarusa did our Axle swap out.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
Rd1

I was told the FL Wakarusa did PD (pre delivery) work mostly, among others. for any warranty work the use FL dealer in elkhart or another location.Didn't think FL had any other service centers in the area besides Wakarusa. I went to the elkhart FL dealer, but decided to take the coach back to our local FL dealer back home for the work.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner, repair, repairs