Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

Fresh water tank 2005 mtn. aire

We are new owners of a 2005 4301 Mountain Aire and cannot find a location for draining the fresh water tank. Have looked in the manual and can't find anything there. Would appreciate any help that you all could offer.
Thanks.
d.gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 07:55 PM   #2

I can't tell you where, but crawl under the unit in the area of the water tank looking for the drain pipe/hose. Then look inside and follow the line.

On my 2013 it's buried back behind the main water bay and the macerator and it takes peering back into the "abyss" with a flashlight to see the little valve. It's even more fun to reach back in there to try to drain it. A true Newmar engineering marvel for a valve that I use frequently.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:51 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fresh water tank 2005 mtn. aire

The pic below is from my 2002 DS. Your MA may be the same.
This is the lower forward section of the water bay. You see the two valves labeled Low Point Drain? They are for the water system only. Below them near the floor just beneath the 3” black tank drain you see another label “Low Point Drain”. Stick your hand in there about four inches, you will feel a valve handle. That is the Fresh Tank Drain. Turn it 1/4 turn counter clockwise to open and drain the tank. It will take a while. Don’t forget to close the valve when done.
Hope this helped.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0311.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	287017
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
The pic below is from my 2002 DS. Your MA may be the same.
This is the lower forward section of the water bay. You see the two valves labeled Low Point Drain? They are for the water system only. Below them near the floor just beneath the 3” black tank drain you see another label “Low Point Drain”. Stick your hand in there about four inches, you will feel a valve handle. That is the Fresh Tank Drain. Turn it 1/4 turn counter clockwise to open and drain the tank. It will take a while. Don’t forget to close the valve when done.
Hope this helped.
Attachment 287017
I had a 2005 Mt. Aire 4304 and the drain was in the same place as JFXG picture !
Old 05-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

Yep as said in pic and hard to reach it is a small plastic black handle u rotate foreword may be a little hard to rotate but it will the u will see the water draining....Also had hard time at 1st......Remember to bleach your tank as we did not when we 1st bought our rig 3 years ago and got the poppies from drinking the water...Many topics on that but I just put bleach in hose 1/4 cup for every 15 gallons of water but do not hold me to that as It is in the Newmar owners manual..
Old 05-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #6

That's where my 2013 MA has it too, only it's about 8" back in and there's a macerator and it's hoses mounted right in front in the bare space JFXG's picture. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has a hard time reaching back in there to the little plastic handle.

I had a Baystar with an "unfriendly" location for that valve, so I just mounted a valve onto the hose under the belly and left the one inside turned open all the time. I think I'll do the same to my MA, especially since those plastic handles are prone to strip if the valve is really snug. Those valves really should have larger brass handles for easier use and longevity and maybe even be located in an easy-to-reach location.

Tags
air, fresh water, tank, water