RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
From Dutch Star 2006 to Essex 2007

I have a person interested in buying my DSDP 2006, 40 footer, all equipped and well maintained, new Michelins, etc......and a person interested in selling his 2007 Essex, under 30,000 miles (mine is 32,000) for what it is forth for a diesel pusher (not much). This 2007 Essex has tags, 41 footer, well equipped, Comfort Drive, and the exterior is in mint condition. This is the first owner who has retired from his RV business in Mass, drives the unit each year but does not live in it(for 2-3 years) as he owns his hous in Ft Myers. He does spend 1 day a week in it however and it is parked in my Resort on its own site.

His price= $250,000
I have difficulty in assessing my Dutch Star for sale and since the units are only 1 year apart (Tire questions ?? etc for the Essex), pleated shades (mine and the Essex)-(DW hates)

Your thoughts would be appreciated.......

Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #2

Look at the NADA Average Retail $ and then search the internet to see what other coaches are for sale as close to yours as possible. This should give you a pretty good idea what the market will bear.

esfritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #3

A friend of mine was looking to trade in his 2007 Essex (on a new Tiffin), and was offered $140K; we both thought it was low, but I think $250k is high. I know nothing about the DS.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renden View Post
I have a person interested in buying my DSDP 2006, 40 footer, all equipped and well maintained, new Michelins, etc......and a person interested in selling his 2007 Essex, under 30,000 miles (mine is 32,000) for what it is forth for a diesel pusher (not much). This 2007 Essex has tags, 41 footer, well equipped, Comfort Drive, and the exterior is in mint condition. This is the first owner who has retired from his RV business in Mass, drives the unit each year but does not live in it(for 2-3 years) as he owns his hous in Ft Myers. He does spend 1 day a week in it however and it is parked in my Resort on its own site.

His price= $250,000
I have difficulty in assessing my Dutch Star for sale and since the units are only 1 year apart (Tire questions ?? etc for the Essex), pleated shades (mine and the Essex)-(DW hates)

Your thoughts would be appreciated.......
Nice upgrade. I hope it works out for you.

Adam
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
A friend of mine was looking to trade in his 2007 Essex (on a new Tiffin), and was offered $140K; we both thought it was low, but I think $250k is high. I know nothing about the DS.
What was your friend thinking? A 2007 Essex is better than any Tiffin including their new Zephyr. No one knows if Tiffin has figured out how to design a roof without cracking and needing to go back to Redbay and stay weeks to repair. Time will tell if their latest design/fix will work. Overall quality controls are also poor compared to an Essex.

Adam
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojohnny View Post
What was your friend thinking? A 2007 Essex is better than any Tiffin including their new Zephyr. No one knows if Tiffin has figured out how to design a roof without cracking and needing to go back to Redbay and stay weeks to repair. Time will tell if their latest design/fix will work. Overall quality controls are also poor compared to an Essex.

Adam

Do agree with your comment and $140,000 would be close to my asking price for my DSDP..........not the Essex, valued at $450,000 + in 2007

And I will take the $140,000 + for my DSDP and will pay the same for the friend's Essex 2007
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I lost track when you said (DW Hates). What part of the deal are you saying DW hates. No matter what you choose to do, if there is a loud thumping sound constantly coming from the right seat, only choice to make is the one that keeps the DW happy. All else is a walk in the park.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is the NADA high & low value for 41' 2007 Essex and here is the value for 2006 DS. 4023
Not sure which model DS you have but you can go back on site and select the correct model, plus the new tires will be something to consider also.
If you look at option list for both coach's some come standard with both models you can only select above the standard coach, the DS will have more options than the Essex which comes loaded.
I have pleated shades and wife doesn't mine them I do all the folding no problem just do not rush opening, fold easily.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks 007
I did exactly what you explained........Average retail $150,000 with options and since 2010, 6 new Michelins XRV, 2 MaxAir covers for the Fantastic Fans, Exterior Shades, New step motor, New outside staris motor, new HWH touchpad, New Thermostat Board, new faucets, bathroom items all new (Dometic Sealand), Roof Ethernabonded, all upper coach lights changed front and back as well as middle LED etc. etc.