Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #1

Full timers, having trouble finding a spot to park?

Just got the following letter from Brett Davis owner of NIRVC. He is offering spaces in his now vacant facilities in Phoenix. They have new facilities across town and have just moved. I have stayed in the facility and it has 50 amp at all sites on a concrete lot with fresh water and a dump station on premises. It is behind a secure fence and in a safe area. They are offering these sites on a first come basis to any displaced fulltimers. There will be no charge for these facilities. The fence and buildings are relatively new and in great shape and you can isolate in place with safety and protection. Walmart’s and other needed services are close. This is another example of NIRVC caring about their customers and RVers in general and I know that they would appreciate it if you remembered them when you need service, storage or an upgrade. I have no dog in this hunt other than I am a very satisfied NIRVC customer trying to spread the word about these sites being available in this time of
crisis.

Gene

LETTER

I have spent the past two weeks here in Arizona at our Phoenix facility and we’re hearing several times a day from customers how their reservations have been cancelled at the RV parks or resorts they were scheduled to stay in.

In the wake of all the “Stay at Home Orders” we would like to do what we can to help our fellow coach owners who have been displaced. As many of you know we recently moved our Phoenix operations to our new location in Surprise, Arizona. At our old location, we have 30 fenced-in, secure camping sites, each with 50 amp service.

While we wish we had more to offer, we would like to make these 30 sites available to those coach owners who have been displaced. In addition to having individual electric, these 30 sites have access to fresh water and dump stations on site. This means that you will need to move your coach in order to fill it with fresh water and dump your tanks every few days depending on how long you shower. However, the water and dump stations are on site and inside the security gate.

The last thing we will ever do is to try and profit from someone’s misfortune or this crisis. These 30 sites, along with the electricity used by those staying in them, will be free of charge. Please note they will be issued on a first come, first served basis. "Mi casa, su casa!" If you're already a member of the National Indoor RV Center family (or need to become one) who has been displaced, please call Dusty at (520) 253-3500 and she will coordinate with you to determine availability and provide you with a security code to gain access. If you are concerned about congregating, there is plenty of space at that location and we will leave the social distancing up to you.

As a full timer I’ll admit it makes me a little jealous because knowing coach owners like I know them, I suspect it’s going to be like a 30 coach rally every day and every night. I’m sorry I’ll be missing out on all the fun!

Keep your chin up and give us a call if you’re in need of a place to stay.

All the best,

Brett Davis
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:46 PM   #2

We met Brett at their Texas facility. We were there having the driver's side window replaced after having it depart the coach doing 60 MPH in LA. He knocked on our door one night around 8:30 just to check to make sure we were being taken care of and if we needed anything. A very stand-up guy from what I witnessed. BTW, we were not a NIRV buyer, just a RV'er in trouble.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Wow! Now that is how a business creates new business. Mr. Davis should be applauded for his generosity and compassion for offering his facilities to 30 needy full-timers.

I stopped at that location with a small problem right at closing one day and they helped me out and guided me on how to get my coach fixed on warranty which they were not allowed to do and didn't even charge me for the time spent. First rate operation. They get my business in the future.

Mr. Davis, NIRV, thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
Wow! Now that is how a business creates new business. Mr. Davis should be applauded for his generosity and compassion for offering his facilities to 30 needy full-timers.

I stopped at that location with a small problem right at closing one day and they helped me out and guided me on how to get my coach fixed on warranty which they were not allowed to do and didn't even charge me for the time spent. First rate operation. They get my business in the future.

Mr. Davis, NIRV, thanks for your thoughtfulness.
I agree. It also sends a clear message how much they care for their customers.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Hats off to you, Brett! What a great corporate leader...
Old 03-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My wife and I started our used DP search recently and visited the Dallas Center last month. We will definitely keep NIRVC of our list of Dealers we would buy from.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #7

I purchased my rig from NIRVC Atlanta, and have been back twice for service (once to Dallas). I’ve always been treated like a valued customer by professional people. They are quick and efficient. The longest wait times are generated by Newmar approval of warranty work, and that wasn’t even very long. I’m completely satisfied by NIRVC and will continue to patronize them.
gjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #8

As FTers we are not having an issue yet. We had to cancel a regular month stay up in Alabama (Azalea Acres, Robertsdale) and they would not refund our $100 deposit. They may make $100 off of our misfortune now but they have lost us as future customers.

After scaling back our travel plans there are only three other campground we planned on needing for 2020. So far one has temporarily closed (County park). We do have a plan B for a couple of additional campgrounds if needed.

I am guessing the southern and midwestern area of the U.S. will have available CG spots for RVs during this crisis.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
jrs

Currently in San Diego and was going to head north in CA for a few stops then Las Vegas. Everything is pretty much closed up and we wouldn't chance it anyway if everything was open.
Cancelled reservations for the 5 wks (starting next Friday) and we're going to Wellton, AZ (just east of Yuma) to veg out instead.
We were in Yuma previously and pretty sure there's lots of openings. A lot of Canadians visit the Yuma area and needed to go back.
Too expensive to veg out here in San Diego and we'll have to revisit the area in the future.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:24 PM   #10

Full timers, having trouble finding a spot to park?

Jrs, good luck and stay safe, if you find the Yuma parks closed keep this option in mind.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #11
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Jrs, good luck and stay safe, if you find the Yuma parks closed keep this option in mind.
Thanks. We made sure to secure a reservation prior to cancelling the others. Actually staying just east of Yuma in Wellton
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:05 PM   #12

March 7, 2020 email to Kimberly Daly NIRV Dallas.

Kimberly,
I have never posted a Google review and when I tried to post the review below it said error and would not let me post. Should I not post names?
Steve

My wife and I just spent 3 days on property at NIRV Dallas taking delivery of our 2020 Newmar DS 4369. Our salesperson Kimberly Daly helped us select colors and options 3 months ago when we placed the order and kept us informed and updated right up to the time we drove off in our new coach. Kimberly knows the product line well and her recommendations on upgrades, colors, fabrics and build changes turned our Dutch Star into a beautiful and comfortable coach that will serve us well for many years. We have owned a 40’ Alpine Coach for the past 15 years and when Kimberly suggested we plan 2 days at NIRV for PDI and systems training on our new coach I almost told her that it would not be needed. Upon our arrival at NIRV Dallas Kimberly introduced us to NIRV PDI Technician Corey Gann and for the better part of 3 days and 2 nights while we stayed on property at NIRV Corey took us through the operation of every system and appliance installed on our coach. I shudder to think about closing the deal and departing without having Corey patiently spend his valuable time training us and answering our questions each morning. NIRV is truly a customer oriented business and everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. On the second day at NIRV we had the pleasure of going to lunch with Angie Morell (a rock star in my opinion) and Brett Davis CEO of NIRV along with another couple taking delivery of a new DS 4081. After a 2 hour lunch and great conversation at Alfredo’s (*****) just down the road from NIRV it is very apparent why we had such a positive experience at NIRV.
sholmes466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:47 AM   #13

Plan B has now fell through. The CG we had planned on spending a good part of the summer at decided to stay closed "until further notice".

Florida put restrictions in place last week that they were not allowing any new vacation rentals or leases with the current virus situation. Many CG's, including the one we are currently in are only allowing new RV travelers in for one or two night stays.

I'm glad we had a plan C in place. Last month we signed a two year obligation for an RV lot rental in Frostproof FL. For under $300 a month you get a 40'x80' site with a storage building to use as your own. We will move there April 1 and play it by ear.

As full timers if we didn't have plan C, I'm not sure where we would have ended up for the next few months.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:32 AM   #14

I'm just throwing this out there because I'm self quarantined and bored.
Maybe every full timer should consider buying a piece of land somewhere desireable and put in water, sewer and electric. Rent a space to another full timer or snowbird so you'll have income to pay taxes, insurance and utilities and maybe have a few dollars left over.
This way you will never be stuck with no place to go again. Unless you pay too much to begin with land is one thing you can buy which is almost guaranteed to increase in value.
Lynn

Tags
full time, full timer