Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Full wall slide out of alignment

Hey gang, I could use your collective wisdom!

Earlier today, when I brought in the full wall slide, the slide topper didn't roll up evenly, and the "lock" on rear-end of the slide topper spool ended up directly hitting the "bumper" on the side of the coach.

(By "lock", I mean the mechanism that prevents the slide topper from unfurling while driving down the road.)

The net result is the back end of the slide didn't close the final inch. However the front end of the slide fully retracted.

Now, when I put the slide out, the back end fully extends, but the front end doesn't open the final inch. I've tried retracting and extending the slide a few times, but it's not aligning itself.

The slide is otherwise square to the coach, based on the reveals being even.

Looking at some other threads, I'm wondering if my next step is to reset the soft limits on the slide controller.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/help...ml#post2282303

Any thoughts or suggestions?

(Just to cover a few potential questions: I'm at a dead level site. When I arrived, I checked my bubble level, auto-leveled the coach for stability, checked level again, check the reveals, then extended the slides.)

Thanks!
David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your slide is working OK, and revals are correctly spaced the slide sounds OK, its the awning that is messed up.
Not sure this thread may help you out, just check it out.
There is some other awning info in QT's # 3 also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #3

You need to reset the soft limits.

Programming DSC100.pdf

DSC100 Programming Instructions.pdf

Here is what caused my issue.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/the-...ga-208696.html
Old 09-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks John added your post to your MOD Section in QT's # 3.
I knew you had the problem just could not find it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks John! Using those instructions I was able to manually extend the slide the last inch to keep the bugs out tonight. I'll try reprogramming the soft limits in the morning.

007 - Not sure why the slide topper rolled up differently today than in the past. There was a good breeze blowing (which is why I was bringing in the slide in the first place), so a wind gust may have caught the slide topper at the wrong moment causing the lock bar to hit the bracket. I've removed the lock bar from the slide topper spool for now, and will check its positioning against Dometic's installation instructions once I get the slide working correctly.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #6

When it goes crooked one end is of the topper is closer, but it can only roll up as much as the longest side will allow.

Which causes the anti-billowing arm to stab straight into the locking arm. Mine did it enough it scared the rubber boot on the end of the arm.

I got where I'd stop the slide about 3 inches from close, open the drivers window and look to see where the arm was at.

Heck I still do and my slide works fine now.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, that could be. I had assumed the problem originated with the slide topper lock arm preventing the slide from closing. But now that you mention it, I had noticed the last couple of times I closed the slide, the rear edge stuck out 1/4". (Was on my "keep an eye on it" list.) So perhaps the slide was already a bit out of alignment, triggering the problem with the slide topper lock arm, which then really put the slide out of alignment.

In any case, I reset the soft limits on the slide controller this morning, and all is well!

I then reattached the lock arm to the slide topper spool and confirmed it was in the correct position (pointing straight up when the slide is fully retracted). It seems to clear the bracket on the side of the coach OK.

Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
You need to reset the soft limits.

Attachment 105724

Attachment 105725

Here is what caused my issue.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/the-...ga-208696.html
Hi! I would call Newmar and ask if the set of instructions for reprograming the slide are the same for the Full Wall Slide. The Full Wall Slide has a different board then all the other slides made over the years. Regards, Paul
Old 09-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #9

Paul, those that I sent are only for the full wall slide. One set (no pictures) is from Newmar, the other is from Lippert (IIRC).

Tags
slide, slide out