Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #1

Funny story

Or not. Just flew half way across the country. Seller knew I was coming. New batteries but it wouldn't start. I understand batteries die. I never left the airport. And I'm the jerk, 2015 London Aire. $340k. Made me wonder what else he neglected
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #2

2015 London Aire's are at the bottom of these great coaches. We have a 18 we purchased from NIRVC and there are some significant differences between the first year the LA came back to the Newmar line up. No Star chassis, 3 step, HWH full wall slide or Spartan chassis. Price high especially for what sounds like a neglected London Aire.
There is one out there looking for you.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #3

Thanks Tom. I was so excited. I've been a lurker with a little advice occasionally. Really loved this rig. He knew I was coming a day ahead. Apparently couldnt be bothered I offered him 200 before I walked away. I fully expected to replace batts and tires before I hit the road. Had everything lined up. He couldn't take the effort to charge it.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

What sucked the most was my dog had to fly in a seperate plane cargo
Old 06-11-2021, 08:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
What sucked the most was my dog had to fly in a seperate plane cargo

That really does suck.

People are crazy or very lazy! He was probably just as lazy when it came to maintenance while owning it.
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #6

GTR, That was my thought as well
Old 06-12-2021, 08:09 PM   #7

Funny story

That sucks. I flew up to Long Island to look at a coach a few years ago only to have the guy change his mind that he didn’t want to sell it while I was there. He said I could still look at it... I left immediately. Always book return flight!!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:13 AM   #8

Stuff happens, in the scheme of things dead batteries are a minor item, maybe he left a switch on that drained them (heated mirror switch, etc.) or maybe the battery just died, I had that happen once on a car, got up started fine, left the house drove less than 2 miles to a gas station, filled up with gas, when I went to start it nothing, apparently an internal short in the battery, thankfully there was an autozone next door, 30 minutes and a new battery later and it was all fixed.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:27 AM   #9

Years ago, I was selling our pop up tent trailer. A guy and his family were interested, came out to look at it, I set it up, they looked it over, and were ready to make an offer. Then as I was taking it down, the cable broke. Well that ended the sale. I took it to the shop for repairs, and there was that same family. I told them that it was still for sale after repairs, but they wouldn't think of having a rig that had broken down.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote