Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #1

Fuses for Electric cord reel or water hose reel, Where?

I am getting ready to install a macerator pump in my water bay and wish to get the 12v power from one of the subject reels. I have to know where the fuses are for these reels so if I tie into one and blow a fuse I will know where the fuse is. I likely will use the electric cord reel as it's motor may be fused heavier. THANKS A LOT in advance for this info. I looked and did not find these fuses.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #2

Do you have a plastic panel held in with velcro behind the power reel?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #3

I have no cover but a panel behind the electric reel. I will look there for either a fuse or a connection point to heavy 12V that I can attach my fused hot wire to the macerator. THANKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Do you have a plastic panel held in with velcro behind the power reel?
Old 04-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tednruthy View Post
I am getting ready to install a macerator pump in my water bay and wish to get the 12v power from one of the subject reels. I have to know where the fuses are for these reels so if I tie into one and blow a fuse I will know where the fuse is. I likely will use the electric cord reel as it's motor may be fused heavier. THANKS A LOT in advance for this info. I looked and did not find these fuses.
Just installed a water reel. Tap the power from your fuze box within your Shore power compartment (should be located behind your power cord). There are empty slot for expansions, just know the right size fuze you need to protect for your 12v system.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #5

On our 2013 DS, the fuse is located on a panel in the rear of the power bay, behind a plastic panel
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #6

Sidewinder4, Yes I used a spare fuse position back behind the cord reel. I hadn't looked back there lately. Thanks All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
Just installed a water reel. Tap the power from your fuze box within your Shore power compartment (should be located behind your power cord). There are empty slot for expansions, just know the right size fuze you need to protect for your 12v system.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"tednruthy".....The photo below is of the power bay and the fuses and circuit breakers behind it.

In the upper left is a fuse panel that has a couple of spare fuse slots. Along the bottom are the circuit breakers for the power cord reel. If you short something out, it will just trip the circuit breaker and reset.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, water