Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #1

FWS ripping up tiles?

We originally had this problem with our 2016 DSDP and had it fixed under warranty. Besides fixing the tile floor, they did something to fix / strengthen / realign the FWS.

Now the problem has reoccurred. The last two times we brought the slide in, it ripped up and cracked floor tiles. Don’t dare put it out again till we are at Freedom RV in Tucson for repairs.

Has anyone else had this problem?
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
Rd1

I had this early on and in fact while at newmar. They explained the cause as insufficient voltage from the chassis Batts. The chassis batt needs to be above 12v the entire time while FWS is moving out. I think someone else had similar issue recently where the fws electronics needed adjustment.

curious, which part of the fws is catching the main floor? mine was about 1/3 from the front of the fws and caused considerable damage to the tiles, at least 6-7 and in one part half way across the main floor were damaged. took them just about 4 full days just to remove the broken tiles.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1 View Post
I had this early on and in fact while at newmar. They explained the cause as insufficient voltage from the chassis Batts. The chassis batt needs to be above 12v the entire time while FWS is moving out. I think someone else had similar issue recently where the fws electronics needed adjustment.

curious, which part of the fws is catching the main floor? mine was about 1/3 from the front of the fws and caused considerable damage to the tiles, at least 6-7 and in one part half way across the main floor were damaged. took them just about 4 full days just to remove the broken tiles.

I have a 4313 with the bunks. Both times it has been about 8 feet from the rear end of the slide in the end of the bunk area.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Here’s a recent thread about my FWS ripping up my tile
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/fws-story-494236.html
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote