Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 PM   #29

Well gee
Fortunately I dont do meds
Maybe I should [emoji16][emoji23]
Having several boats and rvs can be madening.
My concern was you thinking the wiring harnes was a rope and pulling it loose giving you a shock, or irreparable damage, future fire .
Im concerned about you and your not understanding info on youtube. ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDr View Post
HJLowell, still waiting to see the facts requested in post 16. Now you speculate of my destroying the coach, or burning it down. You must have a wealth of facts to back up those statements. Please share these also.

And remember just how important med schedules are.[emoji23]
Come down and we can go for a ride.
Discuss the issue
[emoji2][emoji1][emoji16]Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_101651.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	287621Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_115332.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	287623
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #30

PeteDr... I find myself in the awkward position of needing to apologize for fellow poster HJLowell's remarks. I've been around IRV2 for a while and until today, I've never seen truly snarky responses to a newbie's questions. Until today, the responses have always been curteous and helpful even when the questions might be kind of "stupid." When I first got my MH, I couldn't open the generator access hatch... it was frozen shut from not being used or not being lubed. I needed and got help. I've asked my fair share of questions about my rig over the years. IRV2 has been my number one go-to place... So, although I am not the OP, I'm still upset to see this.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:26 AM   #31

Well Tom
Im sorry if you think I offended anyone.
But please read all of the responses.
I do appologize if I did offend the OP
But I think he is a big boy and he can handle himself.
The OP had the answer to his question immediately on the #2 and #3 post.
I also explained that im a visual learner and that I wanted a visual.
So i googled youtube his coach model.
In a few seconds there was a man opening the compartment under the drivers window and puling a latch. Upper right hand side.
Unlatching the generator.
The OP then questioned the use of youtube.
Youtube is linked or mentioned many times on this forum I explained.
He appeared confused by this and not so concerned about the #2 #3 correct answer's.
As I read it.
The issue may be with the cheap cable latch system used on this model coach as some owners pointed out above.
And buying a King air would solve everyones issues .
So whatever, the OP has , had his answer imminently upon request on irv2.

Irv2 made $ on your making him a victum.
Youtube made $$$ on like clicks
The OP got his answer.
And I offered him a boat ride.
Maybe we will vacation on the lake together.
Or in the camp ground. [emoji6]
Hope so.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #32

I am sure post #5 by HJLowell was said tongue in cheek. Nothing wrong with a little levity.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #33

There are no Dumb Questions
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Wish the same could be said for answers.

Tom
Old 06-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #35

On our 2018 model, the cover latch will not stay in the open position when the handle is pulled so either have someone hold the handle in full out position and open the hatch or cut a small stick you can wedge between the handle and inner wall of the bay to hold the handle in fully open position.
jimnlo1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnlo1949 View Post
On our 2018 model, the cover latch will not stay in the open position when the handle is pulled so either have someone hold the handle in full out position and open the hatch or cut a small stick you can wedge between the handle and inner wall of the bay to hold the handle in fully open position.
There should be a spring or a rubber bumper that pops it open when the handle is pulled. So have someone pull the handle and you open the hood and set the bar. Now look at the lower edge of the hood compartment and see if there isn't a pyramid coil spring attached down there. On a DS it is on the drivers side of the hood compartment. I believe that is on all of the Newmar products but then again maybe not.

My pet peeve is when someone asks a question about a lets just say 2015 DS 4369 and someone with 2003 Travelodge answers how it works on their coach. There are some items on a 2015 DS 4369 that don't work the same on a 2015 DS 4311 least of all a 12 year old other brand. Oasis isn't Aqua Hot, Freightliner isn't Spartan and certainly not Tiffin's chassis.

I know I just answered like one of my pet peeves but there are some things that are the same or so similar that it makes no difference.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #37

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Worse, try running impact left on old truck lugs only to realize left hand thread? LOL :-)
Old 06-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #38

I have had an RV of one kind or other since 1973. My father was a dealer from 1963-2002. I have studied many builds, to find that same year and same models can be different. Manufacturers do this to use all that happens to be in the parts bin., ie: Ford headlights, window motor is same as step motor, recently a check valve gone bad with no access. You can take your unit to a dealer service center, and they won’t know half the time, they just LOOK, just like you do. RVing is so much fun, I have been cross country 8 times and pray I get one more trip, so these small issues are worth every bit the trouble. Don’t get down on yourself, few places in the world get to have such freedoms, such an exciting lifestyle.
SurfsideGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #39

HJLowell posts, honestly I never bothered to read them all, although to the first few I completely understand his answer, some people are Way more tolerant of ignorance than others? I personally don’t tolerate stupidity or disrespect, as for ignorance, we’ll that depends on the day, realistically thought, as much as You Enjoy and understand your RV not everyone is the same, some people should just not even Go There. I have a friend who tried two RV’s but he is Really a Hotel guy, he is much happier not to deal with it all, BTW he doesn’t really take care of his house‘s either, I have to constantly remind him, and he is a
Professional, earns $300k a year. Moral is Not everyone is and RV person so don’t ram it down their esophagus.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:11 AM   #40

BTW, to the OP, I just bought a used Kountry Star and the owner is a friend.

During our discussion he said "Oh I want to show you how to open the gen hood - It is a little tricky."
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi Pete - You didn't mention the floor plan so the water heater picture is generic. The release for the hood is circled for you. Hope you get to enjoy the coach and never be put off by those who insult instead of help.

Tom
Thank you for that, Tom. We are here to help out others and not to hurl rude comments to one another.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #42

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post

I am here to help when I can.
Short story. A friend of mine just bought a motor home with the exact same motor as mine, identical. So we are changing the oil and filter and can't figure out where to add the oil. Go ahead and laugh, lol. Just before we was going to get a funnel and pour the oil into it down the dipstick tube, I looked over and saw the filler cap to the left which has a tube or pipe to the engine. His was black so it kind of hid itself within like colors, dark. I have only changed my oil once, it's been sitting a lot lately except for a monthly short run. My oil fill cap has yellow lettering on it so when I did change oil I saw it right away. My point is, since I havent' changed the oil that much on my own rig, I forgot where to look for the fill cap on my friends rig. Actually I am kind of embarrassed about it, but, OH WELL. We both know where that fill cap is now and will Never forget where it is, LOL.
Have a Good One!!
TIP: (Might) be worth removing oil cap and spraying some yellow Krylon?

Tags
generator