Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2022, 07:40 PM   #29

I believe I am getting to a bad spot the house batteries are at 11.4. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to check on why the batteries are not getting charged from the generator? Thanks
Cmftblynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2022, 08:32 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you cycle the inverter breaker in the main breaker box?

At this point you’ve confirmed the charger setting on the Silverleaf panel are set correctly. You need to use you meter at the inverter/charger and confirm 120V AC input and verify the 12V output. Based on the Silverleaf display, the unit is not outputting the correct voltage. This could mean a bad charger or somehow it got misconfigured. Unfortunately the inverters don’t ship with a Xantrex control panel so troubleshooting the charger settings is limited.

You may need to run the engine and hold the battery boost button in order to charge you house batteries. You could also use a automotive battery charger.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:46 PM   #31

Look for a fuse panel hidden behind the power reel, maybe behind a plexis glass panel. Check for a blown fuse, maybe f10 or f2, probably a 5 amp fuse.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #32

With the engine running the the batteries are charging as normal. I know this may be a stupid question but does that mean it is more of a generator amperage production issue or could still be the inverter/charger? I did check the 30 amp breaker for the inverter and it did not seem to be the issue.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:45 AM   #33

Can anyone tell me what the leg1/leg2 amp should be in the attached picture? This was took with both the generator and engine running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1087C6AD-0C17-49B9-9B7C-626B49F76BD9.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	365761  
Old 05-17-2022, 01:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmftblynumb View Post
Can anyone tell me what the leg1/leg2 amp should be in the attached picture? This was took with both the generator and engine running.
Leg 1 & leg 2 amps are dependent on what you have running on 120 volts AC. In the photo, I would say you have maybe the fridge or something little, no air conditioners running or anything big. With both the engine and the generator running there is no way I know of the tell which is charging your batteries. The lightning bolt tells me that the charge bridge solenoid is engaged.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I’m going to guess that the charger is providing the charging power as the engine alternator would be outputting a voltage in the low 14V range.

Additionally since you are only using 4A on leg1, that tells me that your batteries are fully charged or nearly fully charged. Otherwise they would be pulling more amps.

If my observations are correct I wonder at first the charger working the way it’s supposed to.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:16 PM   #36

I recently had issues with my xantrax sw3000. It would flakeout a start inverting even on shore power. When this happened it was not charging the battery or providing power to inverted circuits.

You can try turning off the breaker and disconnecting the 12 volt positive lead for an hour to let it loose its memory.

Then reconnect the 12 volt lead, sparks are expected.
Go back in and turn the breaker back on an then check silver leaf.

This worked for me for a few days the it stopped passing 110 thru when not inverting.

Talked to xantrax, they have known issues with the relays sticking on the boards.... new in verter on order, will se d old one back for repair so i have a spare.

In the mean time i tied the 110 feed and 110 out wires together bypassing the inverter so we have power to all the house circuits.
I am using a battery charger to maintain the batteries while the inverter is out

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, generator