Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #1

They tell me that it should come off the line on September 19th, so that means they'll start it around the 5th.

I've already started clearing out stuff. I've only had this rig about 2 1/2 years, but it's amazing how much stuff you end up toting around that you just don't use.

My biggest problem, right now, is that I have to avoid bugging the salesman -- nothing anybody can do except wait.

But boy, it's tough!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #2

They tell me that it should come off the line on September 19th, so that means they'll start it around the 5th.

I've already started clearing out stuff. I've only had this rig about 2 1/2 years, but it's amazing how much stuff you end up toting around that you just don't use.

My biggest problem, right now, is that I have to avoid bugging the salesman -- nothing anybody can do except wait.

But boy, it's tough!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #3

Yeah same here waiting for our ATME 4153 due on 9/11! Filled a 10' X 10' storage area 5' high with "stuff". Got 1 mpg better when delivering the old one to our buyer but the ride was not as good.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #4

journeylad

Newmar's orders must be slowing down. We have been waiting for ours for six weeks and I don't even have a build date yet. Good luck with the new MH

3912 KSDP Spartan IFS, 400 ISL (on order)
we_rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #5

According to CEO Dick Parks of Newmar Corporation motorhome sales are down 24% from a year ago this was said at the FMCA Rally in Charlotte,NC. Ed.S
Old 08-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by journeylad:

But boy, it's tough!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats on your new KSDP! It really must be difficult waiting.

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #7

Posted by WE_RV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have been waiting for ours for six weeks and I don't even have a build date yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Something about your situation just does not sound like SOP from Newmar. May I suggest you press the dealer a little harder for the correct info, or a full explaination of what item(s) is causing the delay . ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats to you all I have been their 6 times know how you feel and you can collect "STUFF" my sheds can vouch for that.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #9

edgray
I got my build date, which is 8/25 (which is my wife's birthday). I had to call for the info and actually he has the date in my folder for a while. I do not understand why, but consider it somewhat inconsiderate as I turned in my 2002 Mountain Aire for him to take advantage of our short selling season here. /they sold The unit weeks ago (5 days after they got it-it was as new). However, it seems some judge the memory lengths of their customers to be the same as theirs. I can predict mine will span into the next 3-4 years when I buy again. In fairness, we did have several construction changes and ABSOLUTELY insisted we not get a Cummins 400ISL in the bad serial number range and required it not be an engine without the Ultra Low Sulfur requirements. (We spend two months in Mexico and know they will not have ULSDF for some time). Oh, My garage is full to the roof from the items we took from our coach and believe me, it will never happen again. I found things I forgot I had! Hmm, perhaps I should leave them at home, in the garage, when we repack the new MH.(which has 2X the storage our Gas MA had.)
Old 08-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and required it not be an engine without the Ultra Low Sulfur requirements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming you meant to type "with" instead of "without". You don't have to worry about that issue, as the new emmissions standards only apply to motors BUILT after 1-1-2007, and those are the engines which will REQUIRE ULSD fuel.

Congrats on getting a new NEWMAR! Those 2007 KSDPs with the one piece windshield are really nicer than prior years Dutch Stars.

Please update your profile signature when you get the new one, and let us hear how well you like it! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #11

edgray
How ironic, I proofed too fast-and changed it to 'without' which made it the famous double negative.

The view through the new windshield will be great and I bought the windshield breakage ins. I will also maintain a greater distance behind trucks
Old 08-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

we rv, CONGRATS on the new KSDP as well....I can sympathize with you having to wait...It'll be well worth it in the end though.

Who'd you end ordering your coach through?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #13

journeylad

What is the status on your MH? I finally called Newmar and they said mine has been test-driven and at this point they believe there are no 'issues' with it. It should go to delivery any day. I will have to spend a lot of time in it to check out all systems to make sure everything is working before we leave on our 4000-mile winter trip to our Mexico destination, which is only 6 weeks away. I will never order this late again-too much to do and too little time to do it. Good Luck on the 19th.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #14

Are you going to any specific place in Mexico. We should be in Mazatlan by January(awaiting new coach now).