Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #29

I had the same problem and it was the check valve stuck open. BTW, if you have Oasis problems , I highly recommend calling the factory servie techs (Kevin, Brian) at 360-933-4877. They have provided superb troubleshooting assistance 6 or 7 times now for me.
RetireeKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Just want to give an update on my Oasis issue. I managed to contort myself into the basement and get to the valve in question. Hit it with a small hammer a few times which apparently fixed the issue. Let's hope this is a permanent fix.

Thanks everyone for their input!

Dan
Old 04-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Getting Hot under Kitchen Sink from Oasis

Thanks for that Info. I have the same problem but my pump for hot water is on and off intermittent. While on the phone with Oasis they help me confirm the pump is bad. This is the pump located on the lower left side of the module. While running water in the kitchen sink I could feel the pump turn on then off. Should have the new pump by Friday. Until then we are bypassing the summer loop but only when we take a shower. Nice tip, at least no cold showers until the new pump arrives.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
Just want to give an update on my Oasis issue. I managed to contort myself into the basement and get to the valve in question. Hit it with a small hammer a few times which apparently fixed the issue. Let's hope this is a permanent fix.
Unfortunately, the valve seems to be stuck again which means I have to get it replaced.

Anybody know how easy or difficult it is to replace that valve? I'd do it myself but I may not have the right tools.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to confirm, are you talking about replacing the check valve ?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNJ View Post
Just to confirm, are you talking about replacing the check valve ?
Yes. According to Oasis it is a rare occurrence and it will have to be replaced if tapping it does not fix it.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It looks like a pretty easy job but I would contact oasis just to make sure of the process to follow for replacing it.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:13 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
If it was me, I would keep on tapping it for a while until I knew beyond a doubt it would not fix it long term. FWIW-Aqua Hot/Hydro Hot units use the red boiler antifreeze solution. They say it never needs to be changed, but over time it will darken and if not used monthly get thicker, and could cause a stir pump or check valve to stick. I told all my clients with that system, use it at some point on heat every month to keep the fluid circulated around and things moving. I will do the same on new coach, even though the fluid is different, but it's job is the same, to transfer heat to the air, using pumps and hoses/valves to get it to the correct places. Machinery just sitting for months on end, won't work when you need it to, or work correctly, that is why, we should exercise out units some weekly when not using them, and use systems off season, normally not needed, but to keep them working. In all my years with present coach, did this and never had stir pumps, check valves, etc. fail. Do the same for the ac/heat pumps because of the reversing valve which needs to be moved from cool to heat so it stays limber. This is my advice to all. Work it to keep it working correctly.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
Bill,

Was that all the tech did or did he eventually replace the valve?

Anybody know how to access the valve on a 2018 Ventana 4369? I assume I have to take out the half cargo tray, remove the wall and then the panel to expose the valve? Or is it on the opposite side behind the electric bay?

Thanks,

Dan

I just changed a loop 1 pump. You don’t have to remove the cargo tray. Just pull it out as far as it will go. Then enter from the next bay. I have a full width cargo tray in the next bay that I pulled to the drivers side.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis