Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #1

Giving up, Going to the "Mothership" for service

I tried giving the dealer here in Dallas a chance, and they blew it yet again. I really do not get it.

I called them on 10/31, exchanged several emails until 11/15. Never got a date, just excuses "waiting on approval". It's now Dec 1, nothing, I am not even going to bother replying back.

I called Newmar, have a date for March to take care of everything. So far so good.

Hopefully it goes better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2022, 03:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcnitt View Post
I tried giving the dealer here in Dallas a chance, and they blew it yet again. I really do not get it.

I called them on 10/31, exchanged several emails until 11/15. Never got a date, just excuses "waiting on approval". It's now Dec 1, nothing, I am not even going to bother replying back.

I called Newmar, have a date for March to take care of everything. So far so good.

Curious as to what kind of issues you are having?
BayRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:58 PM   #3

I have just a few paint issues, scratches. Windshield replacement, one small carpet issue in the bedroom, and a tall light that won't stay latched. Nothing stopping me from using the coach.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:

GMCNITT: I can understand your frustration, BUT, you seem like a person with high expectations and a low level of tolerance for what is just the reality of RV ownership. I've read thru most of your posts, and from the beginning they read like you were expecting an unsatisfactory experience and you obviously believe you got it. In one month and a day from your first contact with a dealer you did not buy from, seeking warranty repairs on paint and other issues that you admit do not prevent you from using your new coach, you proclaim "they blew it yet again". WOW.

I do wish you good luck going to Nappanee in March (hope the snow is gone) and driving ~2,000 miles round trip instead of having a little more patience to get the work done locally.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:28 PM   #5

Seriously? This is why I seldom post anything. As if it were any of your business, this is my second attempt at working with this dealer. I purposely DID NOT name the dealer, and am moving on. Going 2 weeks with no response is what I consider unacceptable.

I had ZERO expectations due to my first try a few years ago.

Yes, they "BLEW IT". I have run service for a different industy for over 20 years, and this is just not acceptable.

I look forward to the drive and enjoying my coach, and hopefully getting good service from the Mothership.

I think you might need to chill out a bit.....
Old 12-01-2022, 06:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
You will love your experience in Napannee!
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
GMCNITT: I can understand your frustration, BUT, you seem like a person with high expectations and a low level of tolerance for what is just the reality of RV ownership. I've read thru most of your posts, and from the beginning they read like you were expecting an unsatisfactory experience and you obviously believe you got it. In one month and a day from your first contact with a dealer you did not buy from, seeking warranty repairs on paint and other issues that you admit do not prevent you from using your new coach, you proclaim "they blew it yet again". WOW.

I do wish you good luck going to Nappanee in March (hope the snow is gone) and driving ~2,000 miles round trip instead of having a little more patience to get the work done locally.
What the heck kind of post is this????
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
What the heck kind of post is this????
Lol... thanks. I have been re-reading it over and over, trying to see how I possibly caused that kind of reply. Very odd.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:59 PM   #9

I feel your frustration but I think you should tell what dealer is treating you horribly. That way others can avoid them or maybe they will read these posts and make an attempt to mend the fences so to speak.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:19 PM   #10

your experience is not unusual. In the Vancouver BC area, there is only one authorized Newmar dealer. and if you did not buy from them, they will flat out refuse to offer you service, warranty or otherwise. Ask me how I know. I even spoke to the owner and after a little schmoozing and threatening to go to the media last April, to repair/ replace MY Magnum inverter/charger. he offered me a spot 8 months down the road in November! I was general mgr. for a GM dealer group and wouldn't dream of turning customers away if they didn't buy their gm product from us.
Milom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post

In other words, expect less than acceptable service levels and be happy about it. Keep your expectations low and you will be good.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:47 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Once you go to Nappanee, you won't want to go local anymore since you will be able to get things done in a matter of days that would take a dealership months to take care of..

Interesting position from EDGRAY but then again his signature doesnt indicate what kind of coach he owns. he may own one where you NEED to have low expectations... as Newmar's slogan says, "When you KNOW the difference"...

one thing to point out is Nappanee wont replace the windshield typically on the Super C unless something has changed recently.

safe travels!
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
Once you go to Nappanee, you won't want to go local anymore since you will be able to get things done in a matter of days that would take a dealership months to take care of..

Interesting position from EDGRAY but then again his signature doesnt indicate what kind of coach he owns. he may own one where you NEED to have low expectations... as Newmar's slogan says, "When you KNOW the difference"...

one thing to point out is Nappanee wont replace the windshield typically on the Super C unless something has changed recently.

safe travels!
Absolutely agree with GUS2000, after our recent experience at the Mothership we will use them for any repairs needed during our ownership/full time travels.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Lol... thanks. I have been re-reading it over and over, trying to see how I possibly caused that kind of reply. Very odd.
Obviously, I owe you an apology. My opinion about your posts should not have been seen here, or anywhere. I'm sorry I posted what I did and, unfortunately, I can't find a way to delete it, especially since so many other members have quoted it in their replies. I will ask the moderators to "fix" it, if they can. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service