Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #1

Great News about Newmar

Hi! I just hijacked this post by Lee, from Lee's RV, from the Newmar Yahoo Group:

With all the rumors floating around, you should find this very interesting. Compared with last year, ALL Class A manufacturers in the top 10 are down over 50% this year EXCEPT one--Newmar. They are down only 9% and their market share has skyrocketed 136%. They are now the #5 manufacturer and will move up eventually as Fleetwood and Monaco are ahead of them.

Lee Litchfield
www.leesrv.com

It is indeed great to see that Newmar's Business Model has worked out for them. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info. I really glad to see Newmar moving forward.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #3

That is great news but they still need to get to the other side of this mess. We need to support them and hope they are able to weather the storm. I am looking forward to the cool new floorplans that they will be able to create when the industry comes back and fewer players are around for a few years.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #4

That's great to hear.

Skeptic that I am, however, how do these reported Newmar numbers reconcile with all the cutbacks in employment and production that we've been hearing and reading about at Newmar these past few months which I thought were higher than 9%?

John
MT flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Way to go NEWMAR!!!

Re: reconciling cutbacks in employment and production.....I kinda think that this is what is called....."GOOD MANAGEMENT." If the big 3 automakers, the failing banks and investment houses, and...our out of touch Congress would ever have learned the meaning of this (Good Mangement), we'd ALL have a brighter future. Newmar DID NOT flood the market with hundreds of un-sold units, rather they operated on a 'build when ordered' theory. The sense of this is now paying off. Maybe the Pres. should've visited Newmar at Nappanee instead of Elkhart....eh???
Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #6

I think it has been close to a two year slow down and if you compared to the boom times before the gas crunch it might be down more. The market share is good sign although the size of the market is smaller. There health is a concern for all of us.
Thanks, Daryl
Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT flyfisher View Post
That's great to hear.

Skeptic that I am, however, how do these reported Newmar numbers reconcile with all the cutbacks in employment and production that we've been hearing and reading about at Newmar these past few months which I thought were higher than 9%?

John
John, I think you missed the details a bit. They are down 9% in 09 compared to 08 not the high point. Everyone else is down 50% from 08. To me this means that Newmar is just surviving the crash better than the rest. They could still fail or succeed.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Focht View Post
John, I think you missed the details a bit. They are down 9% in 09 compared to 08 not the high point. Everyone else is down 50% from 08. To me this means that Newmar is just surviving the crash better than the rest. They could still fail or succeed.
Nathan -

Yes, I did miss the details. I must have gotten up too early!

However, I still find it impossible to figure out exactly what is being compared, without having more information. (That's the finance background coming out.)

John
MT flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
BAG

Hey Guys,

All these statistical numbers are useless right now. What matters more than anything is how do we as Newmar owners help to keep Newmar afloat and assure we have a place to get parts, expertise and new vehicles? I have been here at Camp Newmar all week getting work done on our 06 Essex. After getting my crawl full at 2 different Newmar service centers in Texas and Oklahoma, I hesitatingly decided to trek up to the Factory to have the "Professionals" work on our baby. I'm glad we did.

As much as I hate to waste time traveling to and from and waiting for the work to be done at the factory, we as a Newmar owner group should overlook that aspect of it and invest in the helping to perpetuate the livelihood of the company and it's workers by letting them do the work and provide the parts. This helps to pay salaries and keep parts flowing to us.

Obviously an oil change is silly to go that distance but opting for Newmar major components work or replacements would help to offset what they are lacking in new production orders revenue.
BAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Bag to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Most of us have visited the factory and repair center since owning our Newmars couldn't ask for batter A1 service, some owners make yearly treks for service. would not trust anyone else. I have been 4 times with 3 Newmars.
Enjoy your stay and do post often of your adventures.
This thread started because Newmar is now opening service to all owners of SOB's to keep busy. What info you can find out give us a update, Thanks.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
some owners make yearly treks for service. would not trust anyone else.
Hey! I resemble that remark!!!!!

I wouldn't do it any other way, regardless of the distance. Besides, the folks that work Camp Newmar or just plain uber-nice great people (as well as over-competent). If I can't do the work my camper needs (and I do most of it), Camp Newmar (or Camp Spartan) does the really heavy lifting for me (while I watch and learn).
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDude View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!!!!!

I wouldn't do it any other way, regardless of the distance. Besides, the folks that work Camp Newmar or just plain uber-nice great people (as well as over-competent). If I can't do the work my camper needs (and I do most of it), Camp Newmar (or Camp Spartan) does the really heavy lifting for me (while I watch and learn).
I 100% agree with this and am in the same group. I do everything I can myself then Newmar does the rest. Would only let someone else touch it in a emergency.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
We agree that the only way to go , is Nappannee. As we travel around the country we try to get to Newmar each year in late spring as our coach was born in May.
Every other year to Spartan, this year is both.
May even make a stop at HWH just to have them inspect their system.
Make sure you let all your friends know that Newmar will work on other brands.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
BAG

I must elaborate my statement where I said" I hesitatingly decided to trek up to the Factory to have the "Professionals" work on our baby" didnt mean because I questioned their work ethic and abilities only it was an emergency and we already lost out on one trip and now had to loose time by traveling another week up north to CN. NO REGRETS folks.
BAG is offline   Reply With Quote