Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #1

Had a boo boo

Was driving our 2019 Dutchstar 4369 on a small back road, rounded a sharp curve to the right and then it cut back left, there was a car coming from the other direction, I hugged the right side, as i turned back left my tag axle wheel rubbed against a guard rail, all it did was knock all the plastic lug nut covers off and it messed up the center cap, talk about being lucky, sure happy it did not get into the rear area of the coach. So would I order theses parts from Newmar ? The center cap does have a Newmar decal on it, thanks.
Kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampers View Post
Was driving our 2019 Dutchstar 4369 on a small back road, rounded a sharp curve to the right and then it cut back left, there was a car coming from the other direction, I hugged the right side, as i turned back left my tag axle wheel rubbed against a guard rail, all it did was knock all the plastic lug nut covers off and it messed up the center cap, talk about being lucky, sure happy it did not get into the rear area of the coach. So would I order theses parts from Newmar ? The center cap does have a Newmar decal on it, thanks.
Wow, close call! Glad you didn't catch the back of the coach! We got off the beaten path by accident this summer. I was "white-knuckling it" the entire way. It was a single lane scenic route with two way traffic. I barely clipped a curb with the right side dual on our 36M, bringing a screech from my wife, but nothing on the coach! LOL
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampers View Post
Here is a link to the lug nut covers. Not sure if they are the correct size but I know they have them, purchased several for my previous 2002 Dutch Star. Just measure the ones you have a shop a bit. The Newmar Center on the Chrome wheel center spins off and that piece you can get from Newmar. I believe the right side screws off counter clockwise and the right side clockwise. Check your plastic wrench to be sure.

https://smile.amazon.com/RoadPro-RP-...2688263&sr=8-3
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #4

You could call Newmar and they should have them. It might be cheaper to try https://colawrvsalvage.com/ or some other RV salvage place but I am not sure they would have a 2019 or if the older ones were the same.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #5

Call Spartan, assuming you have a Spartan chassis. Did exactly the same thing with a brand new coach. Had the lug nut covers and center cap overnighted to me . AIRC price, including shipping, was less than $105.00, $41.00 for the wheel cover and less than $3.00 each for the lug nut covers. $38.00 for shipping. I canít imagine Freightliner being much different. I hated driving around with a naked wheel on a brand new coach.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #6

Glad your coach suffered no major damage.

Been in a similar situation were I had to back up 500 feet too let a car go by.