Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Hadley control panel displays "air pressure"

Been parked for a day and just noticed a blinking "air pressure" text line at the bottom of the Hadley control panel. Anyone know what this means? Do I need to do anything about it? We are up on the HWH jacks, not on the air suspension.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hadley control panel displays "air pressure"

According to the manual - “Air Pressure Indicator – Flashes when the suspension air pressure is insufficient, (< 95psi).”

Looking elsewhere for more details. ...

“As explained in earlier sections of this document, if either the raised mode (rear only) or lowered mode (partial) is selected, the respective pushbutton LED will flash. Additionally, if the raised mode (entire vehicle) of lowered mode (lowest possible mechanical position) is selected the respective LED will be “ON” continuously. The user interface also contains a suspension and an air pressure indicator. Should the system ECU detect a problem, the suspension light will blink in such a manner as to identify an error code associated with the fault. Additionally, should the system air pressure fall below 95psi, the system ECU will illuminate the air suspension indicator, system will be inactive until air pressure reaches sufficient pressure for proper operation.“
Old 07-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
According to the manual - “Air Pressure Indicator – Flashes when the suspension air pressure is insufficient, (< 95psi).”

Looking elsewhere for more details. ...

“As explained in earlier sections of this document, if either the raised mode (rear only) or lowered mode (partial) is selected, the respective pushbutton LED will flash. Additionally, if the raised mode (entire vehicle) of lowered mode (lowest possible mechanical position) is selected the respective LED will be “ON” continuously. The user interface also contains a suspension and an air pressure indicator. Should the system ECU detect a problem, the suspension light will blink in such a manner as to identify an error code associated with the fault. Additionally, should the system air pressure fall below 95psi, the system ECU will illuminate the air suspension indicator, system will be inactive until air pressure reaches sufficient pressure for proper operation.“
Hmmmm. Since I'm on the jacks and not the air suspension, why is this being displayed? Maybe it doesn't know the difference.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well, I would expect it knows since you haven’t pressed the SET button to maintain air leveling. The Hadley Self-Leveling System Owner & Service Manual is on the CD. Let know if you want me to send it your way (in case you don’t have CD access while traveling).
Old 07-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #5

LOL. Have the same issue. Spartan says it's normal when you are on the jacks because the bags are dumped.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Well, I would expect it knows since you haven’t pressed the SET button to maintain air leveling. The Hadley Self-Leveling System Owner & Service Manual is on the CD. Let know if you want me to send it your way (in case you don’t have CD access while traveling).
Thanks, but no need to send it at the moment. Looks like my Spartan manual is on a USB stick that I can access if I need to. Thanks for the offer, though.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #7
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
LOL. Have the same issue. Spartan says it's normal when you are on the jacks because the bags are dumped.
That's what I was thinking too, Jeff. I think some of the design engineers get lost in the technology and forget about the practicality. You'd think that if they really wanted to mess around with technology, they'd use it to shut off needless blinking lights in situations like this.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #8

Yep, totally normal when you hit the auto dump the systems dumps all the air then runs the jacks. That is just telling you not enough air psi in the air bags.
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #9
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, guys, I have crossed this item off my list of things to be concerned about.

One interesting thought that comes to mind is that some bright, young design engineer put the "air pressure" warning light in the panel to alert you in case you experience low pressure when you're driving down the road. And, another bright, young design engineer located the panel in a position where it is impossible to see when you are driving. All this, however, was because a third bright, young design engineer felt that the driver needed two cup holders instead of one.

Go figure.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Thanks, but no need to send it at the moment. Looks like my Spartan manual is one a USB stick that I can access if I need to. Thanks for the offer, though.

TJ
FYI, I keep my ever expanding compilation of MH documents in my Dropbox which I have offline synced to my iPhone, and iPad. Just want to make sure I have access to everything I might need even when I don’t have internet access or my laptop with me. I’m throwing it out there as an FYI idea to others.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #11
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
FYI, I keep my ever expanding compilation of MH documents in my Dropbox which I have offline synced to my iPhone, and iPad. Just want to make sure I have access to everything I might need even when I don’t have internet access or my laptop with me. I’m throwing it out there as an FYI idea to others.
I am already starting to build a folder on the Cloud with every pdf manual I can lay my hands on. Haven't yet gotten to putting the Spartan manual un there, but it is on my list of things to do. Unfortunately, that list has been growing exponentially lately.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TJ
Did your Spartan/ Cummins etc manuals come on a CD. Mine did and I need to put them on a thumb drive so I can access the info
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #13
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniccruzer View Post
TJ
Did your Spartan/ Cummins etc manuals come on a CD. Mine did and I need to put them on a thumb drive so I can access the info
All I found in the flight bag pertaining to Spartan was a thumb drive.

TJ
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I complained at Gillette that the only way I could access was on my home desktop. No cd on my laptop. Lots of important info that I can’t access on the road.
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, panel