Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #43

My wife and I bought a 2001 Dutch Star 4095 in 2018. It is our first RV. I own an 18 wheeler so buying that large the first time wasn't a big concern. It had 41,000 when we purchased it. We took it and the Harley to Key West that year. 2019 to Sturgis. Many many trips for weekend stays. It now has 58,000 and mechanical have been (0). Vents covers, A/C covers yes. These are minor. May you ENJOY yours as the Wife and I have ours.
imca4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #44

2004 Kountry Star

I like my Kountry Star 38'. I have one complaint, the seal around the bedroom window allowed rain water to enter and it got into the bathroom floor. Newmar used particle board for the sub floor and the water dissolved the glue so the floor got soft.

The W22 handles the road very nicely and GM needs to bring back the 8.1L V8.
Geo19Irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
We just picked up our 2016 Ventana 3436 a few weeks ago to replace a 2008 Tiffin 35TSB Allegro Bay front engine diesel. What a transformation in quality and ride comfort. The appointments are fantastic and the finish is beyond our expectations.
Comfort Drive is everything Newmar claims. I took 3 days to drive it 2000 miles home and can't wait to sell our house this year and move into the Newmar.
Oh, I averaged 9.5 MPG on the way home without trying all that hard.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Well first off, you are buying a rig built before all the window woes started. I have Hehr windows on my 2016. Lippert windows starting around 2018 were the problem. So that’s one thing.D
I'm glad to hear that the split was 2018, for some reason I thought it was earlier and was concerned with my 2016.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Now as we close in on 3 years of full time traveling/living in our Newmar my Carefree slide toppers have all began to fail. The stitching began failing last year and now the fabric is getting faded and brittle. I have an appointment to get them all replaced at Stone Vos for around $1,700.00. I haven't contacted Carefree, Newmar, or my ESP folks yet but I suspect they will all tell me that it is just normal wear and tear.
When I got my 2016 home I noticed the 24 foot slide out topper had failed. Now I see this isn't uncommon. I'm thinking of going with a lighter shade of topper since I think the black just absorbs the heat.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Hopefully you got a good one. I can’t imagine anyone not properly caring for a coach like that. I don’t see much from All Star owners here and it’s been a while since I looked at them so I had to stroll on down to Archives and take a look. Definitely the end of an era - just amazing what they could (and would) do back then.....

https://newmar.imgix.net/wp-content/...mid-diesel.pdf

This is worth a review just because......!
I have an AllStar that I've owned for about a year now. It's my first RV. I had done most of my research for several years on this forum so I knew what I wanted in terms of hardware. Coming from the Northeast, it is extremely hard to actually get to see much of anything that I would consider buying. Then a few years back a family member became wheelchair bound and really threw me a loop.

So I basically bought a Newmar (2009 Allstar 4188) without ever seeing a Newmar let alone buying a rogue mid engine design that for whatever reason they don't make anymore. Forgot to mention it had 165,000 miles on it!

Needless to say, I was really nervous about this whole deal. Had to fly out to Minnesota (from CT) to 'inspect' it myself. Dealer there said they didn't know of an independent inspector I could hire so I did it myself with no experience and knowledge from this site. Since I didn't know how to drive it, I had to hire someone from the dealership to drive it home for me. I didn't have the time away from obligations to learn how to drive it home. As it turns out I put lots of trust in the dealer. But information I got from this forum led me to believe that this particular dealership could be trusted.

Bottom line is I absolutely love this vehicle! It drives like a 42 foot sport utility vehicle. I learned how to drive it by getting in it and doing some on the job training. The power to weight ratio on this AllStar is quite favorable at 80lbf/HP and all the heavy important stuff is between the axles and the rails so all the horror stories I read here about 'white knuckle' driving your brand new to you class A were not for me to worry about.

My driving apprehension was literally gone in 20 minutes of highway driving. My third day of driving the rig was a 10 hour 560 mile pull out of a 1275 mile run to FL. The construction of the rig is in my opinion adequate to superior in most all categories that are important to me.

Overall my experience with the Newmar Allstar has been excellent!
Old 10-02-2020, 12:54 PM   #49

*Update*. The owner of the 2015 didn’t take either of our 3 offers. Then we found a great deal on a 2020 king Aire 4553. We are hoping to take delivery next week[emoji4]
aguyintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #50

Wow, congratulations!
Mr_Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #51

We bought a 2017 Ventana 3412 new and it was our first motor home. It is a complex machine but we had very few issues. None that needed to go to the dealer or repair shop. We sold it in 2019 due to some health issues in the family.

Health is better so we bought a used 2107 Dutch Star 4369. We had an issue with the DEF system on the first outing but that seems to be a common issue. The coach itself has no issues that I could find. It goes down the road a lot better than the 3412 did mainly due to the extra length and tag axle.

We enjoyed the 3412 (put ~15,000 miles on it) and this one is just a little nicer optioned but same Newmar fit and finish. I don't expect any issues forthcoming and we really like the 4369.

The 3412 was a nice entry into the RV world but the bed was too small and the bath was a bit cramped.

I would buy Newmar again and highly recommend the brand to anyone interested.
OverDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
My wife and I are experts on motorhomes. We recently graduated from MOU (Motorhome Ownership University). Took us 5 years to get our degree, instead of 4 like most people. In our freshman year (2015), we purchased a 2015 Coachman Sportscoach 36BH In our sophomore year we bought a 2016 Berkshire 38A , then in early 2017 we signed on the bottom line for a 2018 Berkshire XL 40C that completed our junior year. Eventually we graduate with honors with the purchase of a 2020 Dutch Star 4369 in September of 2019.

In retrospect we know we paid significant tuition to get our degree in those 5 years as we were not on scholarship by any means. We got quite an education along the way, however.

The good news is we are not interested, nor will we need to pursue a Master's Degee, because of our Dutch Star and Newmar's build quality and service.

Moral of the Story: Should have bought the Newmar in 2015. I could have gotten a Corvette for free--black with a gold pin stripe for those Steeler Games.

BobbyJ and Linda
State College, PA
2020 DSDP 4369
2015 Yukon XL (black with a gold pin stripe)
Bobbyj56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:34 PM   #53

Happy Newmar Owners?

Bobby, you are part of a great fraternity. Think I must have a PhD for all the tuition I have paid in the last forty years. I always advise folks to look down the road and buy that really nice coach first to save a fortune and absolutely nobody does it! I started with a travel trailer and eventually went all the way to an Entegra Cornerstone and absolutely loved it. But at 75 and looking down the road we decided we wanted a smaller luxury coach and Newmar is literally to only mass coach maker in the market. So we have a year on our 2020 New Aire and Love it. It has all the bells and whistles and fit and finish of our Cornerstone or an Essex in a 35 ft package. And no, don’t even want to thing about how many Corvettes I could have had.[emoji2]
Old 10-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #54

We downsized to our gasser from diesel due to changing amount of travel and desire for simplicity. Our Bay Star 3609 allowed us to do that without sacrificing quality of build in the ‘house’ portion of the coach. We know the difference. Our Bay Star is well built. We’re still in our first year with it, but from previous experience with competitive brands I can say that Newmar produces a much better initial build quality than the competition. Thanks very much!
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar