RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #1

Happy Newmar Owners?

I know by nature these forums are for people with problems to reach out for help. I want to ask this group, who is HAPPY with their coach? We are settled on buying a 2015 King Aire but I would like to hear some positives to go with all the negative I have read.

Tell me how your Newmar has impacted your life in a positive nature!
aguyintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #2

I have had almost 80 punch list items in less than two years of ownership with my 2018 Dutch Star. More than I ever expected but, Newmar customer service stuck with me all the way and as of today I have a problem free coach.
I canít actually say itís Newmar that changed my life or made it better as in 50 years of doing this I have run through many manufacturers and types of rvís.
I do love the construction of the Newmar and the support of customer service. I would highly recommend a Newmar.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Well first off, you are buying a rig built before all the window woes started. I have Hehr windows on my 2016. Lippert windows starting around 2018 were the problem. So that’s one thing.

But beyond that, it’s the fit and finish, the tasteful interior, the many options I lucked in to, the overall quality of the rig, comfort drive - a real biggie because until now Newmar was the only game in town for it, the ride quality - it’s just a delight.

I was very happy with my Bay Star which was our test drive for class A life, and now I’m thrilled with my Ventana. You’ll love a King Aire. I’m restricted to a shorter coach by the places I like to camp, but I’m finding my 3427 to be as satisfying as any coach can be.

In the future when I’m done gunkholing and boondocking I might get something bigger and if i do it will be a 37-40’ and either a Dutch Star or Mountain Aire, not sure which, but definately Newmar.

That help...?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #4

Is it the 2015 King Aire at Freedom RV?
Old 09-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
We have owned our 2002 Mountain Aire 4095 for 6 years now and it has treated us well. For an 18 year old coach everything has held up pretty well. My main expenses have been upgrades and routine maintenance.
With retirement right around the corner have been thinking about a newer coach and it would be another Newmar. Although I am not sure if I want to give up the current coach as it has been a good one.

Wash your Hands, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #6

Well I can’t say its changed my life, however I am an owner...albeit a new one. It’s a BayStar 3124. Love the floor plan, drives great. Had 2 minor issues...all fixed. The first by CampingWorld...although I haven’t received the check for the new batteries yet,,,and the other was a missing foot for the levelers, it was quickly shipped to me and I installed it...took 5 minutes. Aside from that I am not going to say anymore as I don’t want to jinx myself. ;-)
JP308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I think all coaches have problems, it's just the nature of the business and the issues you get when you drive a house down the road. Where Newmar stood out for us was when we had the failing sidewall issue. Newmar ponied up and paid for about 80% of the cost of replacing the sidewalls on a six year old coach (well out of warranty). Their service center in Nappanee is top notch (we were one of the first customers who got to see their new building, long before their new campground was in place) and their techs know their stuff.

If we were in the market for a class A or Super C Newmar would be top on our list.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:31 PM   #8

Think I saw posts from the OP on a different thread when he was looking for a coach. Congrats on your King Aire! What engine is in it? Cummins ISX 600 or 650?
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #9

We have a 2015 4018 Dutch Star. We purchased used in 2018. We are very pleased with the coach and with Newmar. I would buy another like it with no hesitation. We travel 3 months out of the year, about 5,000 miles per year.
Here is the list of things we have fixed or had fixed:

Tag axle alignment, by Freightliner
Dash air compressor, by NIRV
Dash air blower, by NIRV
1 overhead light LED, me
gsdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #10

Love our Newmar New Aire. Sure it had a punch list but nothing major and nothing that has prevented us from using and enjoying our coach.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:51 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Weíve had what I would consider acceptable issues with the coach. Most Newmar vendors have been great and stood behind their product. We had a problem with cracks in the corner of the roof at the front cap. We were out of barely out of warranty and the cap manufacturer would not stand behind the product. However, Newmar took care of the issue. So, some problems yes, but I wouldnít own any other coach. Newmar has stood behind their product after the warranty expired.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:37 AM   #12

We have experienced the normal wear and tear issues that are to expected with an older coach, such as: replace leveler leg due to gear breaking and replacing seal around one of the slides. But, the number of issues is nominal and is a reflection on Newmar building a great product using components meant to last. There are always exceptions, such as the current window and seat covers, but each is a supplier quality issue that Newmar will address. Having an older coach, I expect even non-mechanical parts to wear out and when this happens I have always found Newmar's parts department to have the part in inventory or to point me to where I can find the replacement item. Exceptional quality and customer service well after the warranty period reflects a company that cares about owner's of their product over the long-haul.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:50 AM   #13

We are happy with our 2001 DS 4095.
It had some issues when we bought it that I had to get fixed, mostly items the previous owner neglected. Only issue I have - I would like more power for going up the hills.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:49 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
When reading a forum that primarily helps people through problems you will not find a lot of positive feedback except for the great feedback on all the member support.
I am on my second Newmar and happy with both. I donít expect it to be trouble free. Hard to make a house solid enough to travel down the road. The few problems I have had were taken care of by Newmar both before and after warranty.

Tags
newmar