Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2021, 09:58 PM   #1

HDCMM - Picture Request

I am requesting a few detailed pictures of a HDCMM from a 2021 London Aire. Mine is in storage at NIRVC in Phoenix and can’t get out to take a look at mine. I am trying to confirm a way to capture the video feed into a DVR for a super “dash cam”. DVR will be motion activated and connected to iPhone.

I need to see what type of connection the video IN lines are and what the type is the output #2, composite video, IP, HDMI?

It’s in the bay in front of the peg board mounted on the frame rail.

Thank you in advance.

JD
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #2

Found this in another threadClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	341841
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:55 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Those are Fakra connectors.

Now we need to know what the camera is, so that we can determine the signal.

Does anyone have a model number for any of the 4 360 cameras? This would be the same for all luxury line, or any using the HD360. My 2019 DSDP did not have HD.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:01 AM   #4

Thank you for that pic. I have seen that one but need the one from the “underside” as it is mounted. The side/edge where all the connections are.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post
Thank you for that pic. I have seen that one but need the one from the “underside” as it is mounted. The side/edge where all the connections are.

Good afternoon JD,

Full disclosure… I don’t know which end of a screwdriver to hold. I just carry a pair of coveralls, and the toolkit my Service Department bought me. I simply call in from the side of the road, while I’m wallowing around in the dirt, they can’t walk me through what to do. With that disclosure, I’m hoping these pictures are what you’re looking for.

The whole setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0589.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	341894

Here is the input jack for output #2:

Name:	IMG_0590.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	341895

The connector which fits into all the other camera inputs:

Name:	IMG_0591.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	341896

JD, I hope these photos help. FWIW, our Storage Manager there at our Surprise, AZ facility, Dusty O’Dell, read your post this morning, and sent me these pictures at 8:00am. I’m sorry I’m just now getting the time to post them. However, I do want to give credit where credit is due, and it’s all with Dusty! She truly has customer service in her DNA, and I nicknamed her “Miss FedEx” long ago, because she always delivers! Should you need any additional photos, or technical expertise, please don’t hesitate in giving Dusty a call. She’d love it! Plus, I’m sure she’ll get you whatever technical assistance you may need.

Onward,
Brett Davis
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
BrettDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #6

Brett

I had to take a few moments to compose myself because I was so blown away that Dusty and you made such an amazing effort on my behalf. I have owned more than 70 cars (most of them really good ones), 5 RV’s and three boats. I have stayed at most of the great hotels and resorts around the world. I have NEVER had an experience like that. To say that I am a believer in NIRVC is an understatement. From our delivery in Vegas to our storage and service in Surprise it just been fantastic. I am so proud to be involved with a company that is trying its level best to disrupt an industry that is so ripe for disruption. Hope to meet you at the AIM rally in Vegas if my wait list number comes up.

JD
Old 09-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, AZRVR17---this shocked me when I read who responded. Then I got a kick out of the visual Brett created with him on the side of the road armed with a cell phone and toolkit.

I have found a bit more info for our project. Before I continue, I better bring others up to speed:

JD sent me a PM that started this research. He is interested in getting a 360DVR function like I have with my 2019 DSDP Omni-360.

The difference between the 2019 DSDP and the Luxury line is High Def. The camera system in the 2019DSDP is low def (420line res) and uses 4 wires, 2 for power and 2 for signal.

The HD camera system utilizes a Power over Coaxial (PoC) single connection, with a Fakara connector, shown in purple in the above picture.

This camera can either be 720p or 1080p, but is most likley a 720p camera.

The way that luxury line is setup, the camera system is always on. I had this same setup in my DSDP, and didn't want the camera to over heat, and further, didn't want the DVR to overheat. So I wired in a smart switch that was triggered by ignition. When ignition is on, power is on. When ignition is off, a timer started. After the preset time expired, the power to camera and DVR went off.

I have been running in this configuration for 3+ years, and have used a 7 day recording rule. I have never had a camera fail. I also am able to store 30 days of continuous 24x7 recording from all 4 cameras. Its great for campground security, driving witness, etc.

So back to current -- JD wants the same thing in his 21 LA, and I want it in my 22 LA.

Now that we are all up to speed--what I have found is that the power is always on for the HDCMM on Luxury, just like it is for DSDP's omni360. The reason Newmar chose to do this on Luxury is for the MyRozie to be able to get a picture remotely.

There is a better way. Using the same timer device, I can use an RV-C signal to trigger the "ignition" sense wire, and start a new 7 day counter.

First thing we need to get to is where to grab signal from. Since the goal is to also record the signal, I prefer to capture raw images using the FAKARA input, and a splitter.

The next step is identifying the actual camera's being used. These are sold as a XITE labeled package, so getting to FCC id's is probably the best bet. Most likely it will lead us to a Korean MFG that will have their own private label. From there we can get the actual specs.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
More Info:

The camera's are an LVDS Coax with HD-TVI signaling.

This is the same tech used in most newer automotive.