RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #1

Nathan and I are leaving Cleveland tomorrow morning and heading for Nappanee. Is anyone else out there? If they have two sites available, we will be extremely easy to spot. I am sure we are the only ones with a 25' Travel Trailer as a towed.

Thank you to this forum. I searched for rental cars and just made a reservaion with Enterprise for a minivan. I didn't think they would pick us up that far from Elkhart and knew we wouldn't be in town before they closed at noon.

Bonnie
2007 Newmar Allstar 3950

2007 Newmar All Star 3950
BSFocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #2

Nathan and I are leaving Cleveland tomorrow morning and heading for Nappanee. Is anyone else out there? If they have two sites available, we will be extremely easy to spot. I am sure we are the only ones with a 25' Travel Trailer as a towed.

Thank you to this forum. I searched for rental cars and just made a reservaion with Enterprise for a minivan. I didn't think they would pick us up that far from Elkhart and knew we wouldn't be in town before they closed at noon.

Bonnie
2007 Newmar Allstar 3950

Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome! You will find great input here! And, ask anything! In that spirit, I'm gonna ask, why do you have 25' Travel Trailer with your new Newmar?

There must be a reason...

Again, welcome... many happy and safe travels to you!

Brenda, of...
Old 10-06-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Bonnie, what dates are you scheduled to be in Nappanee?

I think with all the coaches/rigs there you may be hard pressed to find that second site for the trailer and I would almost recommend you park it across the street in the back of the employee lot on the corner...

Most every site was used when I was there recently.

Check site 19 in the corner lot for an '07 MADP....that may still be Doc Mark!!

I won't be back til the 23rd and will most likely pick the coach up and go to Irv's for the desk/dinette install.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:00 AM   #5

We tow the trailer for my mom. My husband talked her into retiring early and traveling with us.

If it is too crowded for two sites we will probably head down the street and hook the trailer up at Pla-Mor. I am sure mom would appreciate air conditioning or heat.

Bonnie
2007 Newmar Allstar 3950

Old 10-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Bonnie, the fact that someone stays in it would definitely make the situation a little different, although since it's not a Newmar product you still may be hard pressed to find a slot...Check it out first though.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Bonnie - we're in Site #19 at "Camp Newmar" and will definitely be here when you arrive.

Stop by & say Hi. We really would like to hear about your 'adventures' in Columbus.

Mark

PS The sites are all full as I type, the service areas have been extremely busy recently.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 AM   #8

Hi DocMark, With our appt being on the 15th, does that mean there will be a site for us or do we just take our chances or look for alternatives? Cheers.Colleen
Old 10-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Colleen, there's certainly no guarantee as to their being a site, which is partly why I mentioned to Bonnie that the possibility certainly exists that Newmar would ask a "non-Newmar" rig to vacate the spot...

Although seldom the need to enforce it, there is a long standing policy that the sites there in Camp Newmar are indeed for "appointment holding" service customers first and foremost.

When in Nappanee recently I confirmed this face to face with the directors of service for both lines....

Appointments first, then other Newmar owners second and then everyone else such as tour visitors next...

Should there be some issue with site availability, there's the Pla-Mor Campground just west of Nappanee on Route 6 that should be able to help out.
Not certain when they close for the season...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #10

Doc Mark,

Nathan says if you can find us a spot, we'll buy you dinner. I think we will probably just plan on Pla-Mor for the trailer. I have a reservation with Enterprise for a minivan on Friday so we can drive back and forth. Would like to save the money on having to have two sites though so I am hoping there is a spot for us at Camp Newmar.

Bonnie
2007 Newmar Allstar 3950

Old 10-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #11

We are at Newmar and it is definately a full house. We parked us and the trailer in overflow. I decided Pla-Mor wasn't worth the playground. We will just take the kids on outings this week to blow off steam.

We also knocked on Doc mark's door once we got here so now we have a face to go with one name. Doc Mark and his wife were both very nice people. Gotta love Newmar owners!

Bonnie
2007 Newmar Allstar 3950

Old 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bonnie,
I'm glad to hear that you, Nathan and the rest of the family have made it safely to Newmar...although I feel bad that you will have no hookups...at least for a couple of days!
I hope the rest of your stay runs smoothly! Please keep us updated on your progress...
...Oh by the way...I am sorry I missed when you first started posting...but may I give you the official "MonacoMama" welcome!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Although I feel bad that you will have no hookups...at least for a couple of days! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "overflow" lot has water and electric.....no sewer, but there's a dump station down in the full hookup area in front of the service building.

The Black Pearl was sitting there when I left her, but I'm hoping Jason came and got her by now....
Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The "overflow" lot has water and electric.....no sewer, but there's a dump station down in the full hookup area in front of the service building. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WOW... then I have no complaints about the overflow area... Kudos to Newmar for giving their customers in overflow power & water!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Black Pearl was sitting there when I left her, but I'm hoping Jason came and got her by now.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob...I am sure that Jason is taking great care of the Pearl...no worries, ok?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote