Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Heat fans will not turn off on 2017 D/S

I had posted earlier about having Oasis issues.



I have purged the system, installed a new pump, then ran the bypass so the pumps would prime, with the radiator cap removed.


The fluid level reached the top of the filler where the radiator cap is. The Fill reservoir in the engine bay is changing levels responding to efforts to bleed out tiny air pockets.



The Oasis is now functioning in all zones, including basement and hot water.


The problem now is.....


The interior register fans will not turn off after thermostat temp is achieved.


The fans will run constant. I can change the temp settings on the thermostat, and the Oasis will answer the call for heat.


I can turn on the bypass switch and the System runs perfectly as it should. I have also reset and unplugged the Thermostat to see if that would help.



Oasis is telling me to keep purging the system, which i had done twice.


Has anybody had this happen, and is there a Dometic box that has fan setting that may be bad?



There are no fault codes on the Oasis silver panel, and the Thermostat is not showing any errors.


I am beat...and bruised from working on this issue......Thanks for advise!!


Dave Dechent
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2022, 11:46 AM   #2
Member
 
Dave Reyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 81
That's a new one to me, but then I've never had to bleed air out of my system. Sorry I don't have any advice to help you. Monitoring out of interest, and hope you figure this out.
__________________
2013 Newmar Mountain Aire 4347 Diesel Pusher Freightliner XCR Chassis
2015 GMC Sierra 4WD towed vehicle
Dave Reyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #3
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Thanks Dave.
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ThunderRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Winter: Fort Wilderness Campground
Posts: 557
Iíve spent way too much time working on my Oasis system. I find it very hard to believe that continuing to purge the system has anything to do whatsoever with the problem of your fans running. You have successfully purged the system if your overflow reservoir in the engine compartment is not decreasing after running the system . At that point everything should be full and all air purged.

I see no difference in why the fans will run all the time in the normal configuration of only the loop one and two pumps running versus using the bypass switch which accomplishes the same thing. When you installed the new pump did you get the wires installed correctly? Did you accidentally pull another wire loose ? You can feel both the loop 1 and 2 pumps running. You will have to turn the heat up in both zones well above the current temperature to be able to get back into the distribution module to feel both pumps running.

I just want to run through this one more time.
System not in bypass.
Thermostat set to furnace on zone one. Put fan in auto.
Zone two is off.
Thermostat set to furnace on zone three. Put fan in auto.
Diesel burner on. AC elements one and two if you want.
Turn the temperature in zones one and three to cause both loop pumps to run. Feel for warm air at all coach outlets including the HYDRN HTR FAN switch on your panel below the Rand McNally navigation system.
If warm air out of all coach radiators then turn temperatures down well below the current set temperatures. Do the fans go off?

If they do then problem solved. If not then try the same thing with Oasis in bypass. At the end do the fans turn off? If so then you may have some type of electrical issue and less likely I think, a thermostat issue. Without a wiring diagram for the system I am at a loss.

I just donít know how cold it is when you say the fans donít shut off. I have been in extremely cold weather and my fans run almost constantly with the burner kicking on to keep the fluid up to temperature. As long as I have hot air blowing out of all coach vents I donít think about it.
__________________
Paul, Cathy and Chocolate Lab, RIO
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4362 (Spartan)
2012 Ford F-150
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #5
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
I’ve spent way too much time working on my Oasis system. I find it very hard to believe that continuing to purge the system has anything to do whatsoever with the problem of your fans running. You have successfully purged the system if your overflow reservoir in the engine compartment is not decreasing after running the system . At that point everything should be full and all air purged.

I see no difference in why the fans will run all the time in the normal configuration of only the loop one and two pumps running versus using the bypass switch which accomplishes the same thing. When you installed the new pump did you get the wires installed correctly? Did you accidentally pull another wire loose ? You can feel both the loop 1 and 2 pumps running. You will have to turn the heat up in both zones well above the current temperature to be able to get back into the distribution module to feel both pumps running.

I just want to run through this one more time.
System not in bypass.
Thermostat set to furnace on zone one. Put fan in auto.
Zone two is off.
Thermostat set to furnace on zone three. Put fan in auto.
Diesel burner on. AC elements one and two if you want.
Turn the temperature in zones one and three to cause both loop pumps to run. Feel for warm air at all coach outlets including the HYDRN HTR FAN switch on your panel below the Rand McNally navigation system.
If warm air out of all coach radiators then turn temperatures down well below the current set temperatures. Do the fans go off?

If they do then problem solved. If not then try the same thing with Oasis in bypass. At the end do the fans turn off? If so then you may have some type of electrical issue and less likely I think, a thermostat issue. Without a wiring diagram for the system I am at a loss.

I just don’t know how cold it is when you say the fans don’t shut off. I have been in extremely cold weather and my fans run almost constantly with the burner kicking on to keep the fluid up to temperature. As long as I have hot air blowing out of all coach vents I don’t think about it.





The setting are correct, and the overflow is staying full...sometimes rising due to the warmer fluid circulating.
The basement register is working as it should, the hot water is a steady temp as it flows .


When running the bypass the inside heat cycles as it should.....thermostats work, heat reaches full temp,....hot air from registers reads 90 deg plus...


When running oasis in normal mode, without the bypass operating, the air temp is around 62 deg. This obviously does not reach a 69 deg setting on the thermostat.

So the fans continue to run endless, blowing 62 degree air.


ITR said it is the "air" in the system and to turn off system until cool....remove radiator cap on top of oasis..run bypass mode for 15 min..then look for low fluid, if low add more transfer fluid, replace cap and resume operation. This does not change the operation.


All 3 pumps were replaced within the last 3 months, the summer loop being the first.


How we are operating the system now......we placed a Dyson heater in each zone at night set at 69 degrees....and leave the oasis on set at 67 deg, so the system will operate "not on bypass" .
I feel like "Retraining the oasis" is needed.. .that is sarcasm on my part.


We have owned this coach since April 2017, and regularly stay in winter conditions during family visits..this is the first time we have been let down by our Oasis system. Thanks for you help.


OH, i forgot to mention ITR is not returned 2 messages from me, they must know my number.......That Dave Guy....keeps calling.



Dave N Dayna
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
ThunderRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Winter: Fort Wilderness Campground
Posts: 557
Did you do what ITR said regarding removing the pressure cap? If so and you know the fluid is full an air is purged then I donít understand ITR pushing the purging.

The bypass mode is working as designed. When you take it out of bypass and run the system do you notice any red lights on the zone board? For some reason after you turn off the bypass switch you appear to be losing the signal for the loop pumps to run from the thermostat setting. Could this be a bad zone board?
__________________
Paul, Cathy and Chocolate Lab, RIO
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4362 (Spartan)
2012 Ford F-150
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:24 PM   #7
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
Did you do what ITR said regarding removing the pressure cap? If so and you know the fluid is full an air is purged then I donít understand ITR pushing the purging.

The bypass mode is working as designed. When you take it out of bypass and run the system do you notice any red lights on the zone board? For some reason after you turn off the bypass switch you appear to be losing the signal for the loop pumps to run from the thermostat setting. Could this be a bad zone board?

Yes i removed the radiator cap on top of the oasis unit, before running the by pass to remove any trapped air in the system.



No, there are no red lights on the zone board once i replaced the pumps. I will check the fuses once again in the zone board. Other than that i have no idea to find out if the board is faulty.....will post again after i check the fuses.


Thanks


Dave N Dayna
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:27 PM   #8
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Okay ThundeRidge....here is the latest...


I replaced all the fuses in the Oasis control box, no change...no red lights on the box....still 60 degree air from registers.


So i just said WTF...and turned the thermostat up to 80 deg.....turned AC-II on....left the burner on and waited for heat.......had block heat on...wast tank heat on.....was up 44 amps being used.....all other appliances were off, no tv..lights...etc.


Heat appeared to be rising in all furnace vents, as the heat temp reached 100 deg output, i turned the AC II off and turned AC I on......waited till heat cycled a few times.....then turned AC I off.


Waited for furnace temp to drop, but to my surprise the output of heat was still 100 deg. Then finally turned the thermostat down to 70 deg.



After running for 1 hour..... so far on burner only..... i have regulated heat, and drawing 12 amps.



So we will see if this is still operating in the AM....low is 19 outside tonight....if it still is working correctly i will consider myself the Oasis Whisperer ....or just lucky.



Thanks for the support!!



Dave N Dayna
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:54 AM   #9
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Well,


I am not an Oasis guru.



I guess it is time to punt.


Zone 3 is working fine. blowing 100 deg or better.


Zone 1 is now blowing 68 degrees and has been running all night...cause it drives me crazy..and i wake up constantly.


i checked the zone 1 thermostat for temp...65.4 degrees at the probe ....using the infra red thermometer.


AC II can not push register temp above 68 deg, and running both AC II and burner does not change air discharge temp.


Still not faults showing on control panel for OASIS.


I am at a loss for mental being at this point......


Today is a driving day, will enjoy the NM sunshine, and fellow travelers.


Be SAFE...and my the heat be with you!



Dave
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
ThunderRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Winter: Fort Wilderness Campground
Posts: 557
Iím not sure what is going on. Either work your way up to ITR if they take service appointments or make a factory appointment.
__________________
Paul, Cathy and Chocolate Lab, RIO
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4362 (Spartan)
2012 Ford F-150
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:13 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
DanleyFarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Franklinville, NJ
Posts: 25
Zone 1 check valve. Doesnít sound like itís working probably (opening all the way)
__________________
April & Colin
2017 Dutch Star 4369, 2006 Allegro Bus
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Fiat 500
DanleyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
KenNJ's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 827
Heat fans will not turn off on 2017 D/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDTIMES2 View Post
Well,


I am not an Oasis guru.



I guess it is time to punt.


Zone 3 is working fine. blowing 100 deg or better.


Zone 1 is now blowing 68 degrees and has been running all night...cause it drives me crazy..and i wake up constantly.


i checked the zone 1 thermostat for temp...65.4 degrees at the probe ....using the infra red thermometer.


AC II can not push register temp above 68 deg, and running both AC II and burner does not change air discharge temp.


Still not faults showing on control panel for OASIS.


I am at a loss for mental being at this point......


Today is a driving day, will enjoy the NM sunshine, and fellow travelers.


Be SAFE...and my the heat be with you!



Dave


Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I had a similar problem with the same pump in zone one. When I took the pump apart I found a cracked shaft for the pump impeller. It was pumping but the shaft was constantly slipping hence the reduced capacity.

Replaced the and zone one is nice again.
__________________
Ken & Diane
2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 All Electric 400HP
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #13
Member
 
DBDTIMES2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: full timers
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNJ View Post
Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I had a similar problem with the same pump in zone one. When I took the pump apart I found a cracked shaft for the pump impeller. It was pumping but the shaft was constantly slipping hence the reduced capacity.

Replaced the and zone one is nice again.



Thanks for the info. I had replaced pump 1 and 2 a couple weeks ago...that's what started this ordeal.....


The Oasis had a bid of vibration when running, ITR re-assured me it truly is air in the system....the Oasis is supposed to run as smooth as silk.


So for the 3rd time i purged it....type "oasis purge" in your search engine, will show video.



The system is cycling better, and actually using "overflow tank" for extra fluid, now the Oasis is running soooo smooth.....


So far so good this morning.....will see if it stays this way through out the day.


High of only 40 today......


Dave
__________________
Dave and Dayna-Adult children x 2-Classic Buicks x 2-
Only Grandchild lives in Denver CO.
DBDTIMES2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
ThunderRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Winter: Fort Wilderness Campground
Posts: 557
Thatís awesome. Hopefully, thatís the end of the problem and something learned on purging the system.
__________________
Paul, Cathy and Chocolate Lab, RIO
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4362 (Spartan)
2012 Ford F-150
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fan, heat



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Mod - add fans to circulate your fridge fans= 12v or 120v Stewfish RV Systems & Appliances 5 10-03-2020 08:12 AM
Fantastic Fans vs Maxxair Fans Triboy Country Coach Owners Forum 18 11-19-2018 04:36 PM
Dash ac/heater fans or overhead fans not working millerj Newmar Owner's Forum 5 07-15-2014 12:13 PM
Furnace and a/c fans won't turn off Coreyfatboy 5th Wheel Discussion 5 07-07-2014 02:46 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.