Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #1

These 110V heat pads were selected as an option on our 2007 DSDP. My quick search through the owner's information has not lead on how to turn them off and on.

Does anyone have experience with these?

We selected this option as we don't winterize our coach so we can take off on a whim.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #2

Hi! In our 2006 DSDP if I rember correctly it was in the bathroom area. In our current coach it is in the bathroom. Paul
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The heat pads are tuned on with a switch in the bathroom, sort of.... In the electrical compartment, there should be a 110v outlet in the back. In addition, you should also see an electrical cord that you plug into the outlet. So, the switch in the bathroom actually controls the outlet. (At least that is how it works in my 05 DSDP)
Awanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #4

pstroke:

You mentioned not winterizing so you can take off on a whim. If I understand the heat pads they only keep the water and sewer TANKS warmed and do not affect the water and sewer lines. If your unit is not heated you may end up with frozen and split water lines inside which can cause substantial damage.

Chuck
Old 11-15-2006, 03:27 AM   #5

Thanks for all of the responses. If I remember correctly, there is a switch in the 1/2 bath that the dealer described as a remote switch for the water heater during our PDI. That seemed odd as the electric/propane controls were located in the main control panel area. I bet that is what controls the tank heaters.

Chuck, we keep a close eye on the weather and make sure to keep the t-stat in the coach between 45-50 to keep the water lines above freezing. The only problem we had on our previous coach was the ice maker water valve froze and had to be replaced. The DSDP has heat tape on all the exterior water lines around the refrigerator but not quite sure how they are controlled. Maybe on the same switch as the tank heaters!

Thanks again for the information as we learn about our new coach!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #6

I've also got the heat pads on my MACA 3651 and the switch is in the bathroom. I've never actually been able to confirm that the heat pads are really there. What do they look like? Where are they mounted? My holding tanks have a coating on them that resembles a spray on truck bed liner. My dealer assures me they're there, but unless they're under the tanks I can't see anything that resembles a pad.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
They are under the tanks so the heat will rise.
If you have a winter pkg option you may have a switch on your water compartment panel to put a fan on in the vent that comes into tank compartments area that will cycle on and off with LP gas furnace.
Your holding tanks are black fiberglass and fresh water is white fiberglass. They will have stampings on them to indicate tank size.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #8

Thanks 007

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote