Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #1

Heat question

I have a 2011 Ventana 4375 which has been professionally winterized, unit has propane hydronic heat, my question is can I still run heat on the unit after winterization without damaging anything?
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #2

I asked Hydra Hot the same question last year and they said yes. I ran mine all winter while in storage and it's running today as we are camping. Mine is diesel and not propane. Call and ask.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #3

Yes, the pink stuff (if they did the hydronic unit correctly) is in the domestic hot water "coil" inside the furnace. The heating side of the furnace runs an antifreeze solution and can be used independent of the domestic hot water. Just don't connect up to domestic water unless you want to "winterize" again.
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottffss
Yes, the pink stuff (if they did the hydronic unit correctly) is in the domestic hot water "coil" inside the furnace. The heating side of the furnace runs an antifreeze solution and can be used independent of the domestic hot water. Just don't connect up to domestic water unless you want to "winterize" again.
Thanks to all for the info, this forum makes being a "Newbie" a lot less stressful.
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #5

one more question

I hoped to make it thru the first cold snap in Tucson without full winterization since I am hitting the road in late January. So I gravity drained the water system, but did not run any anti freeze in.I was planning on hooking up to shore power if we get a cold snap and turning on the electric heating elements in the Oasis system..figuring that would radiate enough heat to keep everything from freezing if it only gets to 26-30 degrees for a few hours a day. Question...can I run the system without having any fresh water in the lines?
litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #6

yes
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote