RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Heated Floor questions

I'm guessing that the front zone has two heat pads and the bedroom and rear bath have one heat pad each.

Two questions:

1. When the front floor control is turned on, only the front half gets warm. The rear area by the frig. and sink do not. It must be that the second pad for that zone is not turning on?? Any suggestions??

2. Looking at the circuit breakers, I only find two 15 amp breakers for the heated floors. I assume one breaker is for both the bedroom and the rear bath, and the other is for the front two heat pads.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The front zone only covers the area up to about the dinette. Zone 2 covers the kitchen/bedroom area and zone 3 covers the bathroom.

Zone 2 is on a 15A circuit, while zones 1 and 3 share a 20A.

May want to check your delivery materials as mine contained a drawing for each zone showing the exact coverage. They were in small yellow envelopes along with a brochure.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #3

I just learned that on my 2016 DS the heated floors are protected by a GFI plug. The service technician told me that this was new for him. He only found this out after asking engineering for drawings. This information may not be helpful for you specifically, but I just wanted to put it out there in case it may help others.

On second thought, sometimes these changes do not have a hard start and stop date. It could be that during late production in 2015 they had implemented this change. So I guess it is something you could check also. I know somebody is going to ask me where those GFI plugs are located, to be honest, I never asked the technician.
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #4

I had assumed wrong thinking that zone 1 would be the entire front area. Sure don't know why they would tie the bedroom with the living room. We like to keep the bedroom cooler than the living room area.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #5

I also received the location of the heat grid. I have the location of each zone and where the heat wires are. I was told to keep these as they might need to see the location just in case they had to change out some tile.
Steve Mosher 2015 London aire
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat