Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2020, 05:07 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Help getting my Flexsteel power lumbar to work

IRV2 Community,

I have a 2020 Ventana with Flexsteel captains chairs. The lumbar adjustment for the driver's seat doesn't work. I have an appointment in Nappanee at the end of August and this is one item on my list. However, my Newmar representative has stated that they don't know yet what can be done on this given Flexsteel's exit from the RV business.

While I'm hopeful that Newmar will come up with something, I thought this community might have an answer as a backup as well as to have a sooner fix for my back. I've looked under the seat and really can't make much sense of the wiring. The wires from the switch seem to go into a loop and then up into base of the seat. So difficult to debug. While doing this investigation, I inadvertently disconnected the power to the whole seat because there was a loose connector. I fixed this but still don't have lumbar adjustment.

Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Given the loose power wire, I'm thinking there might be another loose connector somewhere but don't know where to look/test.

Thanks!
MHC
Cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #2

Following
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #3

Not sure if this is your problem, but it was mine on our flexsteel seats. I needed to have the ignition key on, then I could inflate my lumbar support.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Getting multiple (mostly small) items fixed at Newmar this week. They have a former Flexsteel employee working for them in service now. Turns out there is a fuse under the seat that only powers the lumbar adjustment. With new fuse, my back will be a much happier camper! Thanks heavens as I don't think they would have had any other options given Flexsteel is out of the RV furniture business. I read in one of the Kountry Klub mags here that Newmar bought enough furniture to finish most 2020 models before switching to two other manufacturers for currently being built 2021 models.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:46 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure if the OP is still monitoring this oldish post, but I too have found my driver's side lumbar inflator has stopped working. Any info on where that fuse was located, besides simply "under the seat"? Very difficult to get under there to find anything!
sartor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer as it was fixed at Newmar and I haven’t tried to go back up there to find where it was. Sorry.

Good luck!
Old 04-11-2021, 05:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartor View Post
Not sure if the OP is still monitoring this oldish post, but I too have found my driver's side lumbar inflator has stopped working. Any info on where that fuse was located, besides simply "under the seat"? Very difficult to get under there to find anything!
Best way is to raise the seat as far as possible and look under while laying on the floor. It may help to rotate the seat to view all sides and pull the skirt up to look under (blush!).
I believe mine was a separate inline fuse holder for lumbar. The other functions weren't fused under the seat and I'm guessing that with some of the seat options they add the separate fuse?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power