RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Help if anyone can!!! New Kountry Star owner!!!

I just bought a 1994 Newmar Kountry Star. No manual and lots of things I don't know how to do and even more things to fix. Any help in finding even a copy in any format for trouble shooting and basic knowledge would be great. Our 1st coach and its been more of a project that anything so we would like to get what needs fixing fixed and learning learned. If anyone has owned, owns or has knowledge of this coach or one with similar construction I would be indebted to you for any help. You can call or E-mail me direct or through here. God bless.

Thanks,
James Rose
jamesmrose@yahoo.com
414-405-5864
jamesmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2 , and the Newmar family .

Some of the appliance's manufacturer are still in business , so users manuals would be available from their web sites .
If you do find anything where there is no online info , then posting for more info here in the forums ;with as much info you have( brand and model ) from the item and we'll do our best to help.
I do know that " Todd Engineering " a supplier of converters and transfer switches is gone , but I have paperwork on there products , if you coach is equipped with those , just ask.
Some of the info your after could be available in the " Sticky " posts at the top of the Newmar owners forums .
Could you add chassis and engine info to your post , and if you find a Newmar equipment sticker , post your floor plan #.

Posting pictures will be a big help if your after information .

Information on posting is at this link.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

When I started in the forums , I found it handy to have the info printed out.

http://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-tool...hures-archive/

The brochures on the web site are miss labeled , you need to look through each one to find info on Kountry Stars
Old 08-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I will work on the pictures and get the info you think would be helpful. I will also check the Newmar stickies as well. I'll be back with those ASAP. Thanks all for your help!!!!
Old 08-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome James to the forum.
If you have looked at the 1994 Brochures you will not even find the Kountry Star listed for that year or any year foreword or back.
The links below in my signature will get you information about your appliances and Tech Info will have items you need.
In QT's # 3 I have some old coach's that should help also plus PROBLEM SOLVERS with some older coach information.
This link will have info about battery systems back to 90's coach's. QT's 1 & 2
Need to know what chassis you have if gas or DP ? And I can steer you in that direction.
You may have already been looking through this link and maybe found this information. In this link you will find wiring diagrams and fusing for your coach and I will see if I can find a fuse & wiring latest would be around 1998-99 oldest posted in COM_NET.
We do have a search engine top of forum that we may find info for you. Here is a search for 1994 Kountry Star.
If you have a FORD chassis with possible tag wheels in rear there is info in the problem solvers mentioned.
1997 Owners Guide KSCA Gas coach, at the tail end of link you will see typical fusing and wiring for coach's at that period.
If you have the FORD chassis you may need this with tag axle and this for braking system.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
James.....a chassis is a chassis is a chassis. They're all the same. The stove was made by the thousands, along with the refer and other items in your coach.

Manuals and chassis information are available on line. Maybe not for some of the really old stuff, but again, a Norcold or Dometic refer has had the same components for years.

Here's my point....the only things that are going to be problematic are odd switches and weird components you may find in the bowels of the RV. In those situations, have your camera phone ready, snap a photo, and post it on here. Someone with a similar item or who recognizes the component can tell you what it is and what it does.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmrose View Post
I just bought a 1994 Newmar Kountry Star. No manual and lots of things I don't know how to do and even more things to fix. Any help in finding even a copy in any format for trouble shooting and basic knowledge would be great. Our 1st coach and its been more of a project that anything so we would like to get what needs fixing fixed and learning learned. If anyone has owned, owns or has knowledge of this coach or one with similar construction I would be indebted to you for any help. You can call or E-mail me direct or through here. God bless.

Thanks,
James Rose
jamesmrose@yahoo.com
414-405-5864
James, relax and know that in a very short time you WILL know just about everything on your coach, (well maybe, LOL.) We all learn almost on a daily basis something new. When we got our first coach we took great notes and insisted that every manual be included with it, (purchased used, 4 years old.) It was overwhelming at first and we wanted to make sure that we made no mistakes. We barely touched any of the manuals, GOOGLE and this forum are wonderful things and you'll be an expert in no time once you use them. Just wait till you upgrade to one of the newer coaches with automatic EVERYTHING and switches galore. Another good thing is to ask other campground members for advice and keep in mind that this is a large HOUSE on wheels and most issues will likely be things you might have in your own home. As others have stated here, pictures will help you tremendously on this forum along with any questions you might have. Just make sure you take the time to enjoy your purchase as well
Old 08-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you haven't already, check eBay for parts and older manuals.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #8

I'm lucky enough to have the manual for my '93 Kountry Aire but unfortunately it's next to useless. It's almost like they purposely left out all the things someone new to the coach would want to know. Basically don't stress over the manual, you aren't missing much. The links you've been given are a LOT more valuable.
Best to just ask here. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how my Fantastic fan worked, but someone right in this section was kind enough to explain it in a way so that I didn't feel too much dumber than I already felt. I did NOT feel dumb about how Newmar failed to label or give any information about that I have two water heater switches.

Our coaches are very close on the topside but mine is a Ford chassis. I've found what I needed to know about it more in the Ford section rather than here. I expect you'd have the same luck with the Spartan section.

There's not many of us here with such vintage Newmars but there are some. Plus those who have since upgraded but had one before.
GypsyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmrose View Post

Thanks,
James Rose
jamesmrose@yahoo.com
414-405-5864
You will become the master of your domain. (The RV) Or you will burn it.

RV makers simply bolt the unit together using what was available at the time. Still true today. The difference today is that it is technology that will kill the newer RV. I am still learning at 5 years in with a 2008 toyhauler. One of the first thingsI found out that there are not such things as "standards". There is 'the usual', or 'the ordinary', And the folks buying used units get to have fun!

Once you are camping, and the first trip out without issues, you'll wonder what to use your time for!

Enjoy the adventure!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
James has not been on irv2 since day he posted 8-8, hope he finds us again,
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #11

After doing some forum searching I noticed a LOT of folks tend to join, ask a question or two and then vacate. With that in mind I try to formulate replies and answers that may be useful to more people than just the original poster.

People DO search up old threads sometimes for info. Sometimes. I think. Maybe. Well, I do anyway.
GypsyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:07 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
After doing some forum searching I noticed a LOT of folks tend to join, ask a question or two and then vacate. With that in mind I try to formulate replies and answers that may be useful to more people than just the original poster.

People DO search up old threads sometimes for info. Sometimes. I think. Maybe. Well, I do anyway.
I do as well. I'm a supporter of this site because it has saved me so much time and money over the years because of good folks taking their time to post fixes, trends, recalls, and just good support overall. Not to mention creative ideas alone the way. If a new member asks a question and we answer that question, whether they thank us or not, just as you say, it will be recorded here for others to come.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
TY TY TY to all who have commented. I have read all the postings just been really busy with work. Should have pics today and a few more questions. Again can't thank everyone enough for the info and help so far. You guys are awesome.!!! looking forward to getting some of the issues fixed and more of the info needed to do so..

JR
Old 08-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Diesel or Gas? Which chassis? I may still have all my stuff on the one I used to have.