Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #1

HELP. LED lights along edge of Garard awning

Just noticed tonight there is a strinng of LED lights along the edge of the Garard awning. How do I turn it off? No idea what I may have pushed or clicked that turned them on or how long they've been on. Only had the coach for 2 1/2 years. 2015 DS 4018.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:20 PM   #2

HELP. LED lights along edge of Garard awning

You’ll likely find the switch in your overhead instrument cabinet. It’s the Girard controller and is the lower left button. You should have a small white remote that controls the awning too.
NWLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLanding View Post
You’ll likely find the switch in your overhead instrument cabinet. It’s the Girard controller and is the lower left button. You should have a small white remote that controls the awning too.
Thanks heaps. I didn/t know that was for the Garard and yesterday I was pushing some of those buttons trying to change the clock from 24 hr to 12 hour. Guess I pushed that LED button. The lights are off now, Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #4

I never use the Garard so maybe I should have said I just forgot what that little square panel did. Any body would think I'd have at least seen the Garard symbol on the panel.

How did you get my message so quick? Does your computer give a sign of some sort with new mail? Mine sure never does.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #5

Hmmm... I think there’s a setting for notifications on my iOS iRV2 app. Either that or it’s in the user control panel settings. Some of my schooling had been the inadvertent button pushing, or the DW’s button pushing!
NWLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #6

I sure thank you for the quick response. About bed time here in Oklahoma and I probably wouldn't have slept very good thinking about those lights all night.

I'll have to do some researching and see if my computer has any option for notification. It sure came in handy on your end for me.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:16 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Receive Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I sure thank you for the quick response. About bed time here in Oklahoma and I probably wouldn't have slept very good thinking about those lights all night.

I'll have to do some researching and see if my computer has any option for notification. It sure came in handy on your end for me.
Try this. At the top of the forum, look just below the "Proudly Sponsored By" ad. In this case I'm looking at the Newmar Owner's Forum. Click on "Forum Tools" and then click on "Subscribe to this forum" in the drop down box. There you can select options to be notified. In the "Notification Type" drop down box, you can select "by weekly" "daily" or "instant notification" by email. That should send an email to your email on file when a new topic is added to the forum. I follow several individual threads in various irv2 forums by clicking on the "thread tools" in the same manner. I hope this helps. I saw your post as I was randomly scrolling through the irvf2 forums.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #8

Thanks Ken. If the Forum new posts come as a notification to the e-mail account I'd better figure out how to get notifications on my Yahoo.Com e-mail first. From the movie with Meg Ryan "You've Got Mail" they get instant notification but I don't on my e-mail. Just shows how unsufisticated I am about computers.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Thanks Ken. If the Forum new posts come as a notification to the e-mail account I'd better figure out how to get notifications on my Yahoo.Com e-mail first. From the movie with Meg Ryan "You've Got Mail" they get instant notification but I don't on my e-mail. Just shows how unsufisticated I am about computers.
"You've Got Mail" was a good movie. Hope the notification works for you.
Stay safe, and have a Great New Year!

Tags
awning, led, light, lights