Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Help - Stairwell light will not turn off - LADP

I was hoping someone could let me know what activates the stairwell light on a 2017 LADP. It will not go out when the door is closed and all light switches (that I know of) are off.

Is the switch activated by the the door switch or a switch located somewhere in the coach? I have looked all over for a switch and can't seem to find one.

Thank you!

G
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Mine is an older model. My step light is connected to the same switch as the porch light. On mine you can turn the porch light off at the light so it doesn't come on with the switch but the step light will. Just a thought.
1995 Warrior
Hufficon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #3

London Aire probably not like Dutch Star, but, leaving the patio light switch on next to passenger seat keeps stairway lights on.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #4

Mine is 15 LA. Switch is on panel under window beside passenger seat. Labeled Patio. Controls stairwell and outside light by door
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fegans02 View Post
Mine is 15 LA. Switch is on panel under window beside passenger seat. Labeled Patio. Controls stairwell and outside light by door
Thank you. I will try to double check the patio light. I thought I did, but perhaps I missed something.

G
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fegans02 View Post
X2 or comes on when the door is opened and shuts off on its own a bit after the door is closed (I've never timed it exactly...lol).
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post
X2 or comes on when the door is opened and shuts off on its own a bit after the door is closed (I've never timed it exactly...lol).
Well that's what I am trying to sort out. Is it a switch that is just left on or a mechanical switch that activates when the door opens. Not sure...
Old 10-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeaz View Post
Well that's what I am trying to sort out. Is it a switch that is just left on or a mechanical switch that activates when the door opens. Not sure...
No switch to stop light from coming on when door is opened, auto activation.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:35 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If I'm not mistaken, I think there are contacts if you are in the coach looking out, they're on the left side of the door jamb...?

I can't run out to my coach and check because sadly, I just put my coach in storage for winter. lol But, I do think there are contacts on the left side for the light and door lock actuator I believe.
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeaz View Post
Thank you. I will try to double check the patio light. I thought I did, but perhaps I missed something.

G
Problem solved. I went to the coach today and flipped the patio light on and off a few times and opened and shut the door. The light went out. I had opened and shut the door many times before and the light stayed on prior to me flipping the switch today. Not sure if it was just a glitch, but the light is now out.

Thank you for all your help!

G

Tags
light, air