Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Help with '09 or '10 King Aire driver console

Anyone out there with an '09 or '10 KGDB? I need some photos of the internals of the right side driver's console. Specifically, what's behind the dash panel that contains the Kenwood nav/audio unit and the secondary LCD panel next to it.

Background: I have the '08 KGDB. It has two Sony LCD panels, and remotely mounted Garmin GPS, and a standard Sony car audio head unit. I'm going to replace the Sony audio unit and the Garmin Nav system with a Kenwood head unit like the '09 and '10 models have. I've already purchased the dash panel from Newmar parts, and it's a direct replacement for the '08 one. The problem is, I don't know how the Kenwood unit is supported in the '09 and '10 models. I thought the dash panel would do it, but I don't think it's sturdy enough. I figure there must be some other support structure back there, but I'm not sure. The '08 didn't need any, because the little Sony LCD panels are pretty light.

Anyone got an '09 or '10 and willing to open that panel up and take some pictures?

Thanks!

joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
For a quick answer most radios small or large have a ground lug on rear
of it that would have a ground strap ribbon screwed to dash under roofing or down to framing behind dash for support.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
For a quick answer most radios small or large have a ground lug on rear
of it that would have a ground strap ribbon screwed to dash under roofing or down to framing behind dash for support.
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring, but it would sure be nice to have a photo of how Newmar did it.

joe