Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #1

Help with coach serial #

Can anyone tell me where to find the serial # of the coach (I already have the VIN).

I am going to be looking at a used Ventana and understand I can get information from Newmar if I have both the coach and VIN numbers.

Thanks
Campers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Should be on a placard on the wall on the left hand side of the drivers seat. That's where it is on my Kountry Star as well as where it was on my Winnebago. I believe it's kind of standard. Happy shopping!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
The Newmar number should be on the inside of one of the kitchen cupboard door, along with the paint codes. The number will be Five or six digets long . I hope this helps.

Bob
Already gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Campers2,
Like previously posted, on the inside of a kitchen cupboard door. It's on the sticker with all the paint codes. It is also on the MSRP. Newmar can look up your coach with the VIN. Then they could provide the coach number.

Behind my driver's seat are informational stickers, but they have automotive information, no coach #.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #5

Thanks all.
Campers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I knew I wasn't crazy... Went and checked this morning. At least on my coach, behind the driver seat there are two sticker placards. The top one is Spartan, which has the VIN, no Newmar info. The one below that is a Newmar sticker with GVWR info. It says "Manufactered by: Newmar" and then in parenthesis is the Newmar serial number. However, all that said, the placard in the kitchen area, on the inside of one of the cupboard doors, has the serial number spelled out and labeled as the serial number. Our coach also has a sticker placard in the closet in the master bedroom, which I believe also includes the serial number. And as others have stated, Newmar should be able to look everything up through the VIN as well. So, there are several ways to skin this cat.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi afrank1971,
You are correct, I am wrong. It is my bad.

Before I made the post I went and checked the labels, just to be sure, before I posted. I can not say why I didn't see the coach number next to the Newmar Corporation name, but I did not see it.

Thanks for the update.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
It's all good, no offense was taken, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind... :-) However, the placard behind the drivers seat, while it has the Newmar serial number, it is not labeled as such, so unless you knew what you were looking at, I'll have to admit that the better place to look is probably the sticker in the cupboard, since on that one, it is labeled as the serial number. Anyway, we're rambling now...