Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
All,

Site 230 at Rally Park. Here to see Tampa w/the family. Looked at 30 coaches yesterday afternoon w/DW and kids. All tags. In sum, We haven't seen anything yet that excites us enough to move out of our current coach. We also believe that Newmar is as strong as any manufacturer.

Lazy Days is really pushing the Dynasty. Sales guy must have brought it up 10 times and finally got us to go in one with him. Great coach but, I'm not seeing the huge differentiation he talks about. Seeing as how LazyDays has got to be a huge Monaco dealer, probably some spiffs in their for the sales guys.

Comfort Drive is not a popular topic to bring up to non-Newmar dealers. None of the other manufacturers have announced it yet for 2009. I presume they want to keep sales strong on 2008 models.

Nicest coach we saw was the Country Coach Magna 630 Limited Edition. Really refined. CC still has the highest price point for the content though.

There is no stock of Tiffins. All coaches ordered have deposits on them. We did see a Zephyr and Allegro Bus.

For the price point, an HR Imperial we saw was one the DW lingered in for awhile.

Couple of things I really liked in general, the Monaco line (HR and Beaver included) have a very nice combo wet/electric bay. DW calls it the Man Kitchen. The bay is all stainless and the power rollers are recessed w/only the holes for the hose/cable exposed.

Beaver had a wonderful audio video set-up. In one cabinet, an HD TiVo Satellite receiver, another HD Sat receiver, an HD CD playeer and a Yamaha receiver w/HDMI switching.

The new American Allegiance has got to be the winner on pure square footage despite being a 42' model. It has a full wall slide and two large slides on the other side. All of which are 36" deep.

Bedroom desk and front kitchen have become requirements for DW. She now likes the rear bath and a half but, there is no model w/all three of these yet or maybe never. We would switch to magic beds.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
All,

Site 230 at Rally Park. Here to see Tampa w/the family. Looked at 30 coaches yesterday afternoon w/DW and kids. All tags. In sum, We haven't seen anything yet that excites us enough to move out of our current coach. We also believe that Newmar is as strong as any manufacturer.

Lazy Days is really pushing the Dynasty. Sales guy must have brought it up 10 times and finally got us to go in one with him. Great coach but, I'm not seeing the huge differentiation he talks about. Seeing as how LazyDays has got to be a huge Monaco dealer, probably some spiffs in their for the sales guys.

Comfort Drive is not a popular topic to bring up to non-Newmar dealers. None of the other manufacturers have announced it yet for 2009. I presume they want to keep sales strong on 2008 models.

Nicest coach we saw was the Country Coach Magna 630 Limited Edition. Really refined. CC still has the highest price point for the content though.

There is no stock of Tiffins. All coaches ordered have deposits on them. We did see a Zephyr and Allegro Bus.

For the price point, an HR Imperial we saw was one the DW lingered in for awhile.

Couple of things I really liked in general, the Monaco line (HR and Beaver included) have a very nice combo wet/electric bay. DW calls it the Man Kitchen. The bay is all stainless and the power rollers are recessed w/only the holes for the hose/cable exposed.

Beaver had a wonderful audio video set-up. In one cabinet, an HD TiVo Satellite receiver, another HD Sat receiver, an HD CD playeer and a Yamaha receiver w/HDMI switching.

The new American Allegiance has got to be the winner on pure square footage despite being a 42' model. It has a full wall slide and two large slides on the other side. All of which are 36" deep.

Bedroom desk and front kitchen have become requirements for DW. She now likes the rear bath and a half but, there is no model w/all three of these yet or maybe never. We would switch to magic beds.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

While I know you like the front kitchen floor plan, remember that when traveling those folks sitting on the couch are pretty much cut off from being involved in any conversations the two front seat occupants are having, as all of the kitchen is now between where the driver and front passenger seats are and the couches.... With little ones, it would seem that one would be up front with you and the other one on the couch with your DW.... Just a thought.

When Dirk was in Nappanee he took pics of a huge parking area at the Monaco facility where they had a bazillion pre-sold coaches built... Seems they're building them before selling them, contrary to the way Newmar and others do it.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Scott, I'm curious about why the front kitchen appeals to her.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Qouted from Route 66
Scott, I'm curious about why the front kitchen appeals to her </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm..let's see...
1.Having the prep area for BBQing right by the front door.
2.Bringing groceries in to the front of the coach.
3.A big 46" flat screen on a wall so you are not looking UP at a TV
4.Tile area in the front half of the coach which is easier to clean than the carpet.

...and I am sure the list could go on...

I do think the RV manufacturers should ask what the key points are for RV owners. I think we w women could come up with an awesome floorplan ... although I am NOT sure what it would cost to build!

Ok... just a few of my thoughts!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
RE: Why a front floorplan.

MonacoMama has made most points. I have a few qualifiers.

1. Traffic from inside to outside would be much easier for BBQing, things from the fridge, bringing groceries in etc. Remember we have two children.

2. While we would have full tile in our next coach, right now we take our shoes off way too much to help preserve the carpet. The worst campsite for dirt believe it or not is Disney FW.

3. Mid-ship TV viewing. I have a midship TV and if anyone wants to sit at the dining table you have to look around them to see it. Having a living area w/an eye level view would be great.

4. Mid-ship TV viewing while driving for family. Right now it is buried behind slide.

5. Capability for the external entertainment center in the main slide which is higher outside for tailgating etc. The entertainment center is also under the main awning. It also creates more storage space.

6. Bob's comments were interesting re:family further apart. However, the kids are generally in the back bedroom watching TV while driving or at the table eating. The DW is at the desk working (aircard enabled) or up front in co-pilot seat. This floorplan would actually bring them closer in my case.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I forgot, Miss MM, thank you for your support.

As you've indicated, women/mothers (or the primary child care giver to be poltically correct) must be killer on RV manufacturers. My wife about beat the young salesman into submission. Front kitchen, rear bath, desk in bedroom, bunks for kids, king bed, hot tub, etc.

Hot tub is a joke.

He finally said they don't make the coach you want. I do believe here at Lazy Days they take pride in being able to fulfill any request you have.

FYI, they can put a ceiling mounted, swing down TV in just about any coach for around $5,200. This is per salesman and I don't know how they deal w/existing HVAC, wiring etc. Unless it is boxed vs. recessed.

This place is an amazing operation. They have such a poor service record per everything I've heard and read I'm not sure how they move so many RVs.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">However, the kids are generally in the back bedroom watching TV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At that age and no seat belts?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was beginning to think that Scott and MM were related.

But now I understand your needs better.

As a single traveler, with no copilot, my view is certainly different than those with families on board.

BTW, since my search for a copilot has not been fruitful, perhaps I should offer a finders fee.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW, since my search for a copilot has not been fruitful, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quit looking.... like I did.... Worked for me!!

Of course, my search took me off the full time road, which you may not be interested in.

Scott, there's never been an abundance of folks happy with SleazyDays service.....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #11

Scott, Your number 5 item is not really true. The outside basement level TV's are always located in the same bay as the water tank. This space typically is only several inches deep, so not much storage loss.

Peter
Old 01-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The outside basement level TV's are always located in the same bay as the water tank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Peter! Travel Supreme and a few others waste some bay area instead of locating them like Newmar. I think what Scott is refering to is locating the outside TV up in the slide behind the front couch. A few companies are doing that now, including Newmar. Paul
Old 01-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As a single traveler, with no copilot, my view is certainly different than those with families on board.

BTW, since my search for a copilot has not been fruitful, perhaps I should offer a finders fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dirk...Maybe your first statement could be your problem with the second statement ...You may have the wrong floorplan for a couple!
You can always fly me out there to look at the layout and tell you what you are missing to snag that co-pilot. I think Mrs JavaJelly & MonacoMama should go into an RV design business together! :

MM

ps... enough emoticons for ya!?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ps... enough emoticons for ya!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You missed some.