Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #169

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mre View Post
Newmar denied it.
Bummer. I am currently awaiting an answer on mine - Newmar CS mentioned passing it on the the vendor - which I assume is Lippert.

Any tips / threads on replacing egress door window?
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #170

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Newmar denied it.
Windows are structural. Don't accept anything other than newmar fixing it. Keep a log and be persistent. 5 years is the warranty for original owner. Newmar owns this fix. They are not always quick to do the right thing, but will do so if dealt with reasonably.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #171

Has anyone had Newmar warrant the windows under the 5 year structural, it is pretty generically written:

NEWMAR LIMITED FIVE-YEAR STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
If any part of your Newmar recreational vehicle superstructure (which is the steel / aluminum structure of the sidewall, roof or frame) fails to perform properly within five (5) years from the date of purchase because of faulty workmanship or material supplied by Newmar, it will be repaired without charge for either parts or labor by Newmar. This structural warranty is available only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #172

I don’t pretend to be a structural engineer and I never played one on TV. I really don’t think windows are structural. A very thin aluminum frame with glass that is easily broken. As I stated before. I have replaced 8 windows and Newmar has covered them all even out of the one year warranty. I sent photos as requested and they sent them directly to me. I replaced most of them myself.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #173

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't overthink this. Windows are structure. Curtains are not.

Walls, roof, floors,.windows are all structure
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:31 PM   #174

It must be all about who you talk to in CS. Our ‘18 DS has three failing windows, and several calls and emails over several months to Newmar CS (primarily Bruce) have only resulted in an offer to provide replacement windows at 50% off Newmar retail, and only via a Newmar dealer. Labor to be our responsibility.
Congrats to those lucky enough to have contact with good CS reps. All I get when I try to relate your experiences is “It doesn’t matter”. No offense to CS, but consistency would be wonderful and help would be fabulous.
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #175
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
It must be all about who you talk to in CS. Our ‘18 DS has three failing windows, and several calls and emails over several months to Newmar CS (primarily Bruce) have only resulted in an offer to provide replacement windows at 50% off Newmar retail, and only via a Newmar dealer. Labor to be our responsibility.
Congrats to those lucky enough to have contact with good CS reps. All I get when I try to relate your experiences is “It doesn’t matter”. No offense to CS, but consistency would be wonderful and help would be fabulous.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:30 PM   #176

Quote:

So does anyone know are “new revised “ windows available yet or are they just shipping the same problem?
Old 09-14-2020, 08:06 PM   #177
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
So does anyone know are “new revised “ windows available yet or are they just shipping the same problem?
I asked that. I was told by the dealer that Newmar was out of windows for a while and now has them back in stock and that what I am getting is probably new. I did not get a definitive "yes" though.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #178

I sent Newmar an email yesterday and got a response today asking for pictures to “ forward to the window supplier to request replacement “. I will ask, assuming my replacement is approved if these are a new run.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #179

Newmar Owners Club
I did get an authorization for window replacement. I hoped that Newmar could install at the Tampa RV Show - I was told no - they no longer replace windows in the field.

Those that have replaced the egress vent window on their own - do you a thread about it or a few tips/tricks? I am pretty handy - but never replaced a window. I have a canadian friend that owned a car window business that I will see in a couple of months if needed when he snowbirds down here to Florida.

Thanks in advance.
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #180

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
I sent Newmar an email yesterday and got a response today asking for pictures to “ forward to the window supplier to request replacement “. I will ask, assuming my replacement is approved if these are a new run.
Lucky you. I emailed 2 days ago. Still waiting for a response.

Now that I think about it. I emailed ServiceAppointments@newmarcorp.com since I am not doing the work myself and need to know when they can see me too. Perhaps there is a better email address to get the coverage question dealt with first. Now my question lost in someone's 'trash'.

If I don't hear something on Friday, I'll hunt for a different address.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #181

Wow. Just read thru the e-mails on the window problem. I cannot believe they haven't issued a recall for these windows. I plan to check before every trip, but now I am nervous driving down the road wondering when a window is going to fall out.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #182

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Scary Stuff

This is a tragedy waiting to happen. I hope the marketing people at Newmar realize that one of these days one of those window projectiles may cause a serious accident. If someone gets seriously hurt because of it, the lawsuit is going to be costly.

I'm surprised Newmar has not put this problem to rest by now!.

Tags
newmar, wind, window