Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrudnick1998 View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 New Aire and was wondering if there is anything that I should look over for warranty issues such as the window issues,etc..
How do I know if I have a window issue and can I repair myself with a better sealant?
Also, anyone on Long Island with a Newmar?
Thanks in advance.
MIke Rudnick

Delaminating of the windows is easy to spot . Open all windows and from the ground you will be able to see where the glass is separating. Just use your fingers to see if the two glass panels are loose.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 07:07 AM   #254

Hi John, I've also been looking at the 2019's. Other than the windows I also have on my list to check:
Furniture (chairs) for cracking
Ref: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/uph...rs-505791.html

Make sure the awning bracket is in the correct place.
Ref. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/ale...ng-502260.html

If possible I will have an NRVIA inspector come out
Ref: https://nrvia.org/locate/

So glad to hear you may have found the right coach for you!
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #255

And make sure the walls are flat:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/flat-walls-513347.html
ChrisFSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #256

My 2016 with windows by Hehr had 5 failing windows leat year which i replaced at a material cost of like $2,500 not including installation which I did with a friend. Now I have a 6th one failing. Contacted dealership (Independence RV) no help. Contacted Newmar and they sold me the 5 new windows "at cost" for $2,500. Hehr indicated they had no obligation with the matter. Have a 2021 on order, hoping they have resolved this issue!
Jcprice4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #257
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 2021 on order as well and likewise hope the issue has been resolved. With all of the issues, I do not understand why they have not gone to a small through bolt where the arms attach to the glass like was done many years ago on auto vent windows. The smooth head of the bolt would hardly be noticeable against the tinted glass. But maybe that is just to much of a disruption to the aesthetics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 17.45.32.png
Views:	34
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	311346  
D20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #258

I was really hoping I would not have to get this post going again. Unfortunately, once again the vent portion of my kitchen window has separated. I have lost count but, I’m sure I have had two complete window replacements and this may be my fourth or fifth vent. I have other windows separate but, this kitchen window vent is a continuing problem. I have owned the coach since new and it is stored inside for at least seven months. I believe I just replaced the vent portion of the kitchen window last fall and it was in storage until I left for Florida last week. Looked up yesterday and noticed the vent window had separated once again.
I have been quite fortunate that Newmar has replaced everything so far under warranty. I am not sure about this time even though only been five months. I thought they had this problem resolved. Guess not.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #259

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
I was really hoping I would not have to get this post going again. Unfortunately, once again the vent portion of my kitchen window has separated. I have lost count but, I’m sure I have had two complete window replacements and this may be my fourth or fifth vent. I have other windows separate but, this kitchen window vent is a continuing problem. I have owned the coach since new and it is stored inside for at least seven months. I believe I just replaced the vent portion of the kitchen window last fall and it was in storage until I left for Florida last week. Looked up yesterday and noticed the vent window had separated once again.
I have been quite fortunate that Newmar has replaced everything so far under warranty. I am not sure about this time even though only been five months. I thought they had this problem resolved. Guess not.
When we say Newmar has replaced the window who do we mean? Nappanee Newmar or a dealer?

Also Newmar factory has a mobile service tech in FL. Have Mark do the window. Now you have an expert and a Newmar part.

Hope this helps.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:52 PM   #260

Newmar sent the windows under warranty on all previous repairs. Install was completed twice by dealers. I did the other installs. Really a very simple job. I am just getting tired of the continuing window failures.
After contacting Mary in Dutch Star Service she has forwarded my photos to the manufacturer. Waiting for a response.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:04 PM   #261

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Newmar, Windows are failing. Are you listening?

I am at NIRVC Las Vegas right now with my 2020 DS4369. Tomorrow morning they are replacing my kitchen window under warranty. They have already replaced my full bath and half bath windows twice. All of them have had the vent window dual pane separation issue. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all the rest!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:34 AM   #262

It’s sad that this problem doesn’t seem to have a solution. Mine is a 2018 and, it was happening before my model year and is still happening today. It’s a problem that Hehr/Lippert has not resolved.
I owned my Holiday Rambler Ambassador for 17 years and had the framed windows that slid open in the tracks. I never had any issues with those windows. I don’t think the framed windows detract from the look of the coach. I believe Tiffin still uses the framed windows and I feel they have very nice looking coaches and, they don’t have to think about a window detachment while driving down the road.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
It’s sad that this problem doesn’t seem to have a solution. Mine is a 2018 and, it was happening before my model year and is still happening today. It’s a problem that Hehr/Lippert has not resolved.
I owned my Holiday Rambler Ambassador for 17 years and had the framed windows that slid open in the tracks. I never had any issues with those windows. I don’t think the framed windows detract from the look of the coach. I believe Tiffin still uses the framed windows and I feel they have very nice looking coaches and, they don’t have to think about a window detachment while driving down the road.
I totally agree and have stated this in the past. My old girl has the framed windows which are sturdy and don't fly apart. The new windows look cheap to me.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #264

When I was in Tampa this last November, I went to Suncoast Designers to have my windows replaced, I got a lifetime warranty, and a full hookup while I waited for the windows to be replaced. All for a couple of hundred dollars each.
There were several rigs there getting the same thing done. Everyone was "just tired" of the same windows being replaced over and over with no real fix in site and the same ole excuse from the dealers, not to mention the long wait just to get in to have them replaced.
I called on a Wednesday and got in on the following Monday. (Only took two days for all windows to be replaced)
I talked to one of the installers, and he said that they don't have any failures. He laughingly said that he hopes they don't solve the issue, because it was great for business.
After reviewing this post , it sounds like a commercial. It's not, I just liked the service I got there.
Redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #265

Window repair

We had our cockpit window (drivers side) repaired at Suncoast Designers (Hudson, FL) last week. Cost was around $330 for that entire window (all 3 panes) with a lifetime warranty. They had to redo one of the panes due to dirt between the panes, but so far so good. We noticed it before we left and they fixed it the next day. Total time in their shop was 2 business days.

That same window from Newmar would cost $954 for the window plus 4 hours of labor ($560) for a total of $1,595 (including tax, supplies, etc.). All that and only a 1 year warranty.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	window 3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	315518   Click image for larger version

Name:	window 4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	315519  

Name:	Window 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	315520  
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #266

Maybe Newmar would allow a "window delete" cost deduction option so the customer could get windows installed by Suncoast (just kidding)
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, wind, window