Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #29

Having owned 5 coaches - I've never had a Hehr window problem- fogging or blowing out. My latest 2014 MADP has the frameless Herhr windows & are still fine.Sounds like the problem started in 2018????

I suspect Lippert made a process or "Value Engineering" modern lingo for 'cheapening it up'- change after acquiring Hehr. They have cut corners in drawing the vacuum or on the sealant?

Happy Trail
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #30

A friend with a 2015 DS had a window problem and I have had a problem with my 2017 LADP. So no, it did not start with 2018's
Old 06-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #31

The escape window above the dinette leaked water when new and the entire window was replaced last July...it still leaks water and will be replaced again this July....Also,the small window near the copilot leaks water....was adjusted last July but still leaks....not sure what will be done next month.....joe b
Old 06-15-2020, 07:55 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Having owned 5 coaches - I've never had a Hehr window problem- fogging or blowing out. My latest 2014 MADP has the frameless Herhr windows & are still fine.Sounds like the problem started in 2018????

I suspect Lippert made a process or "Value Engineering" modern lingo for 'cheapening it up'- change after acquiring Hehr. They have cut corners in drawing the vacuum or on the sealant?

Happy Trail
2012 Essex, Hehr windows , same problems...........so........way before 18....
Old 06-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedoggs View Post
The escape window above the dinette leaked water when new and the entire window was replaced last July...it still leaks water and will be replaced again this July....Also,the small window near the copilot leaks water....was adjusted last July but still leaks....not sure what will be done next month.....joe b
Our 2017 MA has had a leak since we have bought it in May 2018. It is also the small copilot side window that leaks. Oddly enough it doesn't always leak every rain. Sometimes a light rain or sometimes a heavy rain causes it. We have had it in the shop 3-4 different times and they have resealed all over the general area.

Earlier today we had a heavy rain and that is when I noticed that it is leaking again. It dripped once every 10-15 seconds. Now about an hour later it is dripping 3-4 drips in succession with about 10 seconds in between. Certainly a head scratcher here... Got a call back into the shop again. Argghh.
oregonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #34

FWIW - our 2018 Canyon Star 3710 has Hehr windows - at least on the ones marked. I agree with the previous poster re: Lippert. Based on the expensive and annoying problems I've had with Lippert components on other motorhomes, it is clear to me that Lippert's overriding goals is lowest cost manufacturing and highest margins, for both them and their immediate customers, with zero concern about the ultimate customer's experience.
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
I just had both of the bathroom windows in my 2020 DS4369 replaced under warranty due to the outer glass separating.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:12 PM   #36

Egress and Emergency Door Windows

2020 Ventana 3412. Manf. 09-19 Pur. 02-20
One window failed between purchase and delivery. The other failed within 60 days of ownership. Separated while driving. Notified Newmar and selling dealer. Six week wait time for replacements. Replacement quality did not look any better.
Sukutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:26 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
2020 Dutch Star 4369. I reported a widow separation to Newmar last month in preparation for our service appointment at Nappannee in September. I took a lot of pictures as I didn’t know if they would believe me. Then I read this Post.
Today I found 2 more windows that are split open. Total of 3 at 5000 miles. Gosh! Additionally, the rear emergency door does not seal. A lot of water has seeped in from rain and found its way behind the commode onto the wood area and below. I noticed water in the center of the toilet seat. Thought I had a leak in the ceiling vent above. Turns out so much water was pouring in it splashed off of the safety bar handle all the way to the center of the commode lid. Water source found. The door does not fit flush at the top and there is space above the rubber seal. Hey, what about that high pressure water test? Guess it wasn’t working when my coach was built.
BobbyJ
State College PA
Bobbyj56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #38

We have had two in our 2020 New Aire escape door go had, now waiting on a third!
Old 06-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCook57 View Post
FWIW - our 2018 Canyon Star 3710 has Hehr windows - at least on the ones marked. I agree with the previous poster re: Lippert. Based on the expensive and annoying problems I've had with Lippert components on other motorhomes, it is clear to me that Lippert's overriding goals is lowest cost manufacturing and highest margins, for both them and their immediate customers, with zero concern about the ultimate customer's experience.

Yes, this is the nature of capitalism and when combined with consumer preference to spend the least amount of money for a given class of product, this is what happens.

Fractured Fable time: {flashback harp music}

I built a widget to sell. It was a very good widget - elegantly designed, quality materials, etc - but my widget was too big, too heavy, and too expensive for my intended customers. I'm out of the widget business. {harp music}

Walmart happens...
Old 06-21-2020, 05:26 AM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Same here with 2012 Dutch Star. Two windows and a Thousand dollars later is where I stand.
An earlier op also stated furniture fabric, well agsin for me, that will also take thousands of dollars to resolve.
Feels like a Capitalist opportunity to keep big money coming in after the sale!

Just saying,
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
2012 Essex, Hehr windows , same problems...........so........way before 18....
Old 06-21-2020, 05:42 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
This thread is killing my morale to the point of affecting my posture.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyj56 View Post
2020 Dutch Star 4369. I reported a widow separation to Newmar last month in preparation for our service appointment at Nappannee in September. I took a lot of pictures as I didn’t know if they would believe me. Then I read this Post.
Today I found 2 more windows that are split open. Total of 3 at 5000 miles. Gosh! Additionally, the rear emergency door does not seal. A lot of water has seeped in from rain and found its way behind the commode onto the wood area and below. I noticed water in the center of the toilet seat. Thought I had a leak in the ceiling vent above. Turns out so much water was pouring in it splashed off of the safety bar handle all the way to the center of the commode lid. Water source found. The door does not fit flush at the top and there is space above the rubber seal. Hey, what about that high pressure water test? Guess it wasn’t working when my coach was built.
BobbyJ
State College PA
I also had the leak from the escape door...narrowed it down to gasket at top...so I added this rubber gutter over the door as well as more gasket at the top of door itself and it has not leaked in even the most torrential rain. Sorry, not on window topic, but wanted to let you know.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, wind, window