Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #43

Fog Doctor

we had some fogged windows repaired at Searcy Arkansas Fog Doctor... great job and very cheap to do them.
normburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I haven't read the whole thread but there are also many trailer manufacturers using Lippert too and they're all being recalled for the same adhesive problem.

https://www.rvtravel.com/keystone-re...-may-fall-out/

https://www.rvtravel.com/thor-recall...-may-fall-out/
Old 06-21-2020, 03:44 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
Good point
Last year, I contacted NHSTA regarding failure of adhesive on two escape windows (Hehr) on my Fleetwood Bounder. I was very impressed with the NHSTA responsiveness to my issues. They in turn contacted Fleetwood (REV group) who subsequently contacted me about replacing my windows.

As it turned out, I had just replaced the Bounder and no longer needed to pursue the NHSTA inquiry. Overall a positive experience.
bounderA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #46

Angry Newmar windows

Wow, just wow.
As a quality MH buyer/owner, I have always considered Newmar a quality manufacturer. (Started with a Fleetwood Tioga, since then, two Monacos, two Renegades {both 45 footers}, and two Born Frees). So I've experienced some great quality construction.
This thread/post has convinced me to NEVER buy a Newmar product. Any decent "quality" manufacturer would have taken care of this problem, COMPLETELY by now. Bad move Newmar, gonna suffer the consequences of word-of-mouth on this one.
Gene
Old 06-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
This thread is killing my morale to the point of affecting my posture.
This thread id making me love our 2004 KSDP. Bought it lightly used in 2006. Had to repair the crank out portion of the bedroom escape window in 2016 all the other dual pane windows are the ones it left the factory with. No problems after 16 years and 90,000 miles on an entry level DP. Where did your quality go Neumar??
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #48

My wife and I have been researching motorhomes for a while - had narrowed it down to Newmar (DS, MA, LA)... then, the announcement of the sale to Winnebago... then, our concern grew surrounding what moves Newmar may have made to improve profitability (i.e. lower costs) ahead of the sale to Winnebago... then, we see this... The price point of these motorhomes and higher resale values don't correlate well with poor quality materials, components, and craftsmanship - or poor service... I suspect most Newmars are still better than many alternatives - but, this is VERY concerning - particularly concerning is Newmar's decision to NOT to proactively address this - and offer a COMPETE AND FULL resolution for its customers.
Kevin Raby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
Loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
First let me say I still love my 2019 Dutch Star. It's just frustrating. And really a few windows is not a big deal compared to problems others have.
I went to pick up my coach from Independence RV after getting my Fantastic fan motors replaced (been fighting them since last June).

It took a real long time for them to bring my coach up.Tech showed up and said when he pulled it out and stopped in the back lot he got a bath. It was from the window above the drivers power window. You can clearly tell it's fogged over. The adhesive has failed.

So they covered it and taped it up. My coach has had one window or another taped up since last June after we left Nappanee. I was excited to have the coach all ready to head out without anything broken. Nope.

First window was the emergency egress door window. It fell out at 65mph. luckily it did not hit anyone.
Had it replaced out west and it failed again.
Kitchen window separated and had to tape it up and wait for a replacement.

The problem is Lippert, the adhesive DOES NOT WORK. Tech told me they have a huge problem with windows. Newmar needs to hold their feet to the fire and fix this. I am worried about how many more windows are going to fail on me? My warranty runs out this week so I'm screwed.

Interesting note, Newmar had that window in stock, several of them. Hmm?

Okay, rant over.

You may want to check out a company called RV Fog Doctor located in Searcy Arkansas. They have had great success with the dual pane windows fogging issues they may be able to help with your issues. 501-278-3015
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #50

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by db7512 View Post
Loop

You may want to check out a company called RV Fog Doctor located in Searcy Arkansas. They have had great success with the dual pane windows fogging issues they may be able to help with your issues. 501-278-3015
Thanks, I know the company, but my window failures up to now have been replaced under warranty. I actually prefer Suncoast designers, great window repair company.
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:01 PM   #51

2019 Dutch Star

My build date I believe is January or February on my 4018. Went over and checked on windows and could not identify defective yet. I have to go to Independence RV soon so I will have them look. Sure hope there is a way for us to know we are vulnerable. Ron
ronboatplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #52

Same here, I just started looking to replace my 2017 FW Pace Arrow and liked the Dutch Star. I'm in the window business and do not want issues on a new coach.Thanks for the heads up!
jrupinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:01 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy Newmar Brand at Risk

2015 DS 4018 purchased new. 35K miles.

I had one of the Hehr dinette windows fail which had moisture trapped between and etched the dual panes. $300 cost to me.

I can see the seals have failed on the fixed portion of another larger window behind the recliners. We wait to repair that later.

We live in AZ so temps may have contributed to the failures.

Having to replace (for the second time and another thread) all the furniture and captains chairs this summer due to the ultra leather flaking and piping wearing off.

They had a reinforced slide motor mount part (yet another thread) sitting on shelf when I complained that mine had cracked.

I had to file an appeal since my cargo door electric solenoids melted (yet another thread) even though a recall or tech bulletin had been issued...just not for my VIN.

The frustrating thing is that Newmar is aware of these QA issues ...yet only responds to individual owners when they raise a complaint. I am sure that this is a cost control philosophy. Why create a demand from the unobservant?

Don't get me wrong ..we love our DS and have recommended Newmar to several friends. Our coach is very beautiful and livable. ...and we don't have to worry about delamination.

But Newmar needs to be quicker to communicate and resolve systemic issues....and hold their subs to higher QA and impose consequence management upon them.

After all, the Newmar brand is at risk
Ronjonaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #54

I’ve got a 2018 CanyonStar 2710, purchased 4/27/2018. Fall of 2018 we’d been camping for. A few months and went to open one of the bedroom windows, above the bed. Opened not problem. In the morning, getting ready to leave, close all windows and a walk around. Noticed one of the bedroom windows didn’t seem closed. Double checked inside but it was tight. Stood on the picnic table and tried pushing it closed. It flapped, was loose. Double pane window and outside pane was delaminated. Fortunately I already had an appointment scheduled for April of 2019 so I called Newmar and added it to the list of items to fix. By the time got to our final destination theat pane had fallen off somewhere on the road.

At Nappennee they couldn’t replace the window because they ordered the incorrect window unit. New one was oming from Canada but wouldn’t be there 7ntil after I had to be gone. They’d send it along to my local dealer. I contacted them when I got back and they called Newmar, got the info and ordered the correct part. A few weeks later I got it replaced, finally. A week later I’m camping and is the same problem! Back to dealer and showed them. They reordered and finally the window is in and correct.

I have no idea what brand he windows we’re. I’m jus happy it’s finally correct.

Sorry for the long post.
Marc
Old 06-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #55

Fogged Thermopane Windows

I have a 2016 3710 Canyon Star and my windows are starting to fog. I live two miles from a company in Hudson Florida that does nothing but replace and repair RV windows and their parking lot is packed with RVs with window issues.

Repair of my fogged drivers side window cost $431 through them. I called Newmar because my passenger side window and dinette windows are also starting to fog. Bottom line, they want you to order through Newmar a replacement window which they sell you at their cost and you pay the labor to have it installed. Said otherwise, NO support from Newmar. My passenger window lists for 1200+ dollars through Newmar so my cost to replace a window with a one year warranty would be around $800. I told Newmar I can get the window fixed for around $400 and the company gives you a lifetime warranty on the repair and Bruce Bordner basically told me to forget it, can't help.

This is one of dozens of issues I've had with my Canyon Star and I have regretted not buying a Tiffen since the first month I took possession of my coach. I love my 3710 but will never buy or recommend a Newmar to anyone because their customer support sucks on this and many other issues I've tried to have resolved through them.

Look for my new post on window shade spring failure because my shades are already starting to die one at a time. Any help with a replacement spring supplier would be helpful. I called Auto Motion in Canada, they told me I must go through Newmar to buy the part and no luck, they don't carry my particular parts, said they would follow up and never did. Just sayin'.
Jn1edosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Foggy and other windows

Really happy that I joined this forum as it has saved my lots of money. I have no idea that the Newmar products had this many window/water related problems. I was loo0king to move from a Tiffin Allegro Bus 43 QGP to a 40 ft Dutch star but after reading what I am seeing here, I am thinking about keeping what I now have.

Tags
newmar, wind, window