Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #1

Highline service that has always been in building #11 has moved to the building directly behind Louise's waiting room and welcome center. Humbug!!! I found this out thanks to Saydiver (Joe and Sue) as it's the weekend. Speaking of Joe and Sue, it was a pleasure meeting them and we got a tour of their new King Aire Bus. Wow! They have a pop up TV that is so big that football players are in actual size. Aditionally, we saw their unbelievable colorful underwater photos.

So....... I will report on how this new location looks and feels.

Reporting live from Camp Newmar, Peter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #2

Highline service that has always been in building #11 has moved to the building directly behind Louise's waiting room and welcome center. Humbug!!! I found this out thanks to Saydiver (Joe and Sue) as it's the weekend. Speaking of Joe and Sue, it was a pleasure meeting them and we got a tour of their new King Aire Bus. Wow! They have a pop up TV that is so big that football players are in actual size. Aditionally, we saw their unbelievable colorful underwater photos.

So....... I will report on how this new location looks and feels.

Reporting live from Camp Newmar, Peter
Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Peter!

We've been discussing the move for 5 months.

Ya gotta get out of the Amigo thread more often.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #4

Dirk, I don't get out much. So what is the topic title and, more importantly, what's the take on the new digs?

Peter
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I'm not sure if it has it's own thread, but it was discussed in several threads.

Highline is now in the old lowline building.

I heard two reasons; highline needed more room and they needed a higher ceiling.

Lowline is in 2 or 3 other buildings now, and the old highline waiting room in building #11 is the "pet" waiting room.

It's been a transparent move, and the rigs just head in opposite directions at 6AM.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Peter, Dirk - we were very pleased with the service at the "new" high-line building. They moved the HL techs to the new building, & access to the coaches is the same as it was down the street (whenever you want).

Nothing changed as far as we could see except the location.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #7

Thanks Mark. I guess I will get my chance to check it out tomorrow at 6:00 or so. I'm glad to hear you liked the experience, so now I'm looking forward to it.

Peter
Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Good Morning Peter - did you enjoy your 5 AM wake-up call?

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
It's an hour later here at Spartan, but still much too early. I'm retired, darn it.

joe
Old 10-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #10

Hi Mark, Actually I woke up at 4:00. I love the smell of all the diesels running at 6:00 and didn't want to miss it. Also it is great meeting all the other Newmar owners, many also irv2.com members.

Joe, Everybody down here is still missing you and Sue.

Well, the new highline service location report. Lamar arrived at 6, or shortly thereafter. My list of four items had grown over night to about eight. Lamar and Chris did just about all today, including some items they decided also needed addressing. I decided to add some pay items, to give a little payback to these unbelievable great service people. So.....let's add another slide tray in the short rear most bay. My two main slide trays are power, this one however, being only one sided and a half tray, will be manual. In addition I'm having them do the HydroHot nozzle and tune up thing.
The Shop is bigger than the last one. All the same people are still there, save Scott, the chassis man who has gone up to Michigan to who servicing trucks or something. Randy, however, remains. The shop holds about 11 in back-in slips with room for another half dozen if needed.
As for quality, AAA+ There is a new Newmar owner here that had previously owned a Tiffen. He did his service at Tiffen and thought it was very good. I spoke to him after the first day and he said Newmar was far better. Nice to hear.

Newmar is King. Hey, maybe that's why their flagship is now the King Aire!!

I will be out of here tomorrow or Wednesday. Oh, and yes Paul, I'm going to hate to leave. Maybe it is something they put in the water. But you know if it is, all the service guys are drinking it too. If it works for them, bring it on, I'm game.

Peter
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #11

Hi Peter

My experience at Camp was very much the Same and that was in building #11 in the Regular/Lowline Kountry Star type service!!!!!!

I heard of VERY few Complaints.

Did you or could you ask about 32" windshield wiper blades??
Not having much luck finding them around here!! Lots of 28" and some 30 on special order.

OR I could wait till I get to RiverBend and that would be a good excuse to go to NorthTrail and check out the Inventory.

Enjoy your stay
Rick
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We'll be back tomorrow!

Spartan got everything done today, so we'll head out in the morning and be back in Nappanee before the afternoon parade, I think.

I do have to talk to Dewayne the parts guy before we leave. I want to get orders in for a fuse/relay kit and the parts book. He wanted to check his stock to see if he had any of the kits already made up yet, or if he needed to have them shipped to us.

joe