Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #85

Conch turbo sauce which is made in the Florida keys. Good heat and full of flavor. You can find it on line.
Cubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #86

Hot Sauce

On eggs I prefer Sriracha Hot chili sauce from Huy Fong Foods Irwindale, CA

On gumbo or red beans and rice I prefer Louisiana Brand from New Iberia, LA

With chips or on tacos I prefer Albert's Famous Mexican Hot Sauce from Kilgore, TX

I also like Choula and Texas Pete.

Ground Horseradish is good on many things

Mud
ghunnicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #87
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnaof Two View Post
New Mexico born and raised. Perhaps it’s an acquired taste. Hatch Green Chilies are the best. It comes mild,medium, hot, or extra hot. Here in Las Cruces most servers will let you know how hot certain dishes might be. El Sombreo is one of the best places here.
NMSU has a chili 🌶 institute. Breeding and studying all kinds of chili.
Store bought, El Pinto green chili salsa. Made in Albuquerque NM. Also home to the restaurant of the same name.
Yes, indeed; El Sombrero is great. We were there last year and the food was bueno!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #88

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don’t like vinegar in my hot sauce , so I eat Pico Pica. More Chile flavor less vinegar taste. It’s similar to the red sauces you’ll find at taquerias. Excellent on eggs and tacos. They also have a tomatillo (green) version which is milder.
bcenteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #89

Sorry, in my opinion there are NO hot sauces that add any flavor to food. Any slight flavor is overwhelmed by the burn. I've prepared a lot of recipes that call for hot spices. In my experience, eliminating the hot stuff actually enhances the flavor of the foods.
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #90
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dopp View Post
Sorry, in my opinion there are NO hot sauces that add any flavor to food. Any slight flavor is overwhelmed by the burn. I've prepared a lot of recipes that call for hot spices. In my experience, eliminating the hot stuff actually enhances the flavor of the foods.
I'm thinking it depends on the individual palate.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dopp View Post

Fortunately, there are literally millions of people that would disagree with that. While even a mild chili powder adds a bit of heat to a pot of chile, without, it would not BE chile Adding mild green chiles to cornbread enhances the flavor without adding much of "burn". The burn is an acquired "taste" much like beer or scotch. An onion or garlic can add "heat" to a dish. But of course, to each his own. I would recommend not eating Mexican food in New Mexico though
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #92

tabasco
valland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:25 AM   #93

Hot Heads

Sriracha Is my favorite too. Heat without the burn. Now ,Tabasco has their version, so if you like Tab’s flavor in a sauce that’s got alittle body to it, and without the vinegar twang, find some. Also, for me any Chipotle will do.
Kennest6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:31 AM   #94

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2495.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	235690
Hank Sauce Cilanktro Hot Sauce - Versatile Hot Pepper Sauce with Fresh Cilantro, Garlic & Aged Peppers - Hot Garlic Sauce with Mild Heat & Unique Flavor - Multipurpose Gourmet Sauce - 8 Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRCU0JK..._e29BCb8Q9SG1P
tbillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:27 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwing View Post
Actually David Tran is a Chinese immigrant that escaped from Vietnam on a Chinese ship called Huy Fong. He named the company after the ship.

Yes, this is interesting, I also vote for Sriracha as an everyday condiment, love the stuff! I live topics like this, thanks to the OP for starting this thread
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:42 AM   #96

DW and I love Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Sauce. Our son brought us a bottle from Jamaica, it has scotch bonnett peppers in it. Good flavor and not too much heat. We use to get it locally at The Fresh Market but they no longer have it. Ordering it online gets pricey with shipping.
Chuckog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #97

Hot Sauce

If you want flavor with mild heat Frank's Red sauce is the only way to go.
rlarence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #98

I enjoy the flavor of most peppers, though a lot of them are to the uninitiated so "hot the flavor is lost" and this threshold starts (in my opinion) with the habanero.
For a really good balance between heat and flavor, it's hard to beat "Peri-Peri" based sauce, made from (I believe) the "bird's eye pepper".
There are many offerings and some of the best come from South Africa, where hot sauce is eaten on about everything.
Wagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote