Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Houston area service

Need help getting my full wall slide adjusted and service. Not wanting to go back to local dealer. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

This could be a task that is not an elementary one. I had mine done this past summer at the factory and depending on what adjustments are needed it is more than most of the dealers are capable of properly doing.

There is no dealer in Houston that I would trust.

If it were me, I would call Newmar with recommendations of who is "capable".

I have heard from many Newmar Owners including my best friend who has used them that National Indoor is very good. They are in Dallas and Georgia. I am in a small community west of San Antonio that has a large dealer....wouldn't go anywhere near them!
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #3

Really sad that Holiday World of Katy (Houston) is horrible as is Ancira in San Antonio! And, so is Demontrond of Houston... Only hear nightmares from friends who have used them and never hear ANYTHING good about these dealers.

Big Dog is correct. Call Newmar as they can recommend at least two local mobile service companies that work in the Houston area. The reason I know this is a friend who is now seeking bids for a Ventana very recently called Newmar specifically to discuss lack of quality service in Houston and he stated they told him there are two competent mobile mechanics (who are very busy) but do quality warranty work for Newmar. Regarding NIRV -National Indoor RV in Lewisville (Dallas suburb), I hear they have it all together and that is where I would take my coach for things I cannot do myself. Sincere best wishes and please let us know how things go for you!
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:15 AM   #4

I had some work done this past December at PPL in Houston. Nothing as extensive as what you are talking about. They did a great job installing 6 batteries and a 20' electric awning. I did notice 2 motorhomes with their living room slides completely removed and was told both had some water damage, which rotted the slide flooring. Neither were Newmar products. If these people can remove and rebuild slide-outs, perhaps they are capable of making the adjustment(s) you are seeking to your slide.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #5

There's a guy here on the forum that was trained by Newmar that's in the Houston area. Can't remember who he is but someone here might know where he works
kvm1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvm1970 View Post
There's a guy here on the forum that was trained by Newmar that's in the Houston area. Can't remember who he is but someone here might know where he works
The service you absolutely want is from Brooks Wagner, son of Swag. I am on the road and do not have Brooks' info. But if you PM Swag, he will get you Brooks' info to call him. Brooks is the best Newmar tech in Texas hands down. A favorite of the Hoots -- we have had him at our rallies as long as he has been in business and he does outstanding work. Certified Newmar technician.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
The service you absolutely want is from Brooks Wagner, son of Swag. I am on the road and do not have Brooks' info. But if you PM Swag, he will get you Brooks' info to call him. Brooks is the best Newmar tech in Texas hands down. A favorite of the Hoots -- we have had him at our rallies as long as he has been in business and he does outstanding work. Certified Newmar technician.

Deek
X2 on Brooks. He did an extensive amount of work for me just this past October. He is a fine technician. Very professional, polite and personable.

Motorcoach Motor Care, LLC
832-267-8349
832-331-1939 (Cell)
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:11 PM   #8

Brooks Wagner is the best. He did some warranty work on my coach at the Hoots rally in October in Kerrville.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Brooks information.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:53 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3391108]Brooks[B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmar-technician-introduction-236214-5.html#post2809103
information.[/URL][/B]
Thanks, 007. Brooks is just terrific! That's why he is the Patron Saint of Hoots' Techs!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service